7「catching up」1

(Comment goal is now 22! Good luck and happy reading~)

"Have fun guys~!" Toga beamed with a wave as she stood in the doorway of the Morgan household. Izak, Shinso and Mihoko were at the foot of the apartment, the little girl waving back with a grin of her own as Izak just nodded to the blood-obsessed girl. 

"Try not to do anything stupid."

"Hehe, don't worry," The blond's eyes flashed as the sun peeked out from behind a cloud. "You've given me plenty to be occupied with~ just leave the house to me and come back soon, kay?" She smiled with a tilt of her head. 

"See you in a week," Izak said, and the three were off. Toga watched them go until she could no longer see them clearly, then she hummed to herself contentedly and went back inside. 

"MIHOKO!!!!" Several people squealed as the little girl came into sight of the class that had been rathered around the entrance of UA high school. 

"Hello!" Mihoko greeted them animatedly, giving hugs to whoever came over and requested one. Izak turned his gaze over to Aizawa, who looked like he wanted to be anywhere else as usual. 

"Izak, how has your break been so far?" Midoriya asked after bounding up to him. 

"Quiet, mostly. I heard you and everyone that went to the island got into some trouble," He recalled, giving the boy a once over. "You okay?"

"Oh, that," The greenette looked down sheepishly before giving his trainer a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine, and so was everyone else. All Might and I were able to handle things thanks to everyone's help," He paused before adding, "I would have contacted you had any of our phones been working."

"As long as nothing bad happened to you, it's fine," Izak said. 

"Of course nothing would happen," Bakugo scoffed as he and Kirishima came over to join the conversation. "We aren't weak enough to get hurt by no-name bad guys."

"Yeah, we totally kicked ass!" The redhead agreed. "But enough about that, how have you guys been? I haven't seen either of you," He glanced between the maroonette and Shinso. "Since we all went to the mall together. Anything new going on?"

"Not that I can think of," Shinso replied. "Mihoko and I usual spend time at the arcade and karaoke if we get bored of being at home."

"What about you Izak?" Midoriya was the one to ask this time, causing him to shrug. 

"I don't usually leave the house unless I have to."

"Oh," Midoriya's eyebrows furrowed right as their teacher stepped forward to get everyone's attention. 

"Now that you've finished up your first semester here at UA high, it's time for summer vacation to officially begin," Aizawa gave them all a look. "However, don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes in the making. At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become plus ultra."

"Yes sir!" The class resonated. 

"I'm so syked!" Uraraka said after coming over from where there was a crowd around Mihoko. "I've been looking forward to this camp all semester Deku!"

"Oh, yeah, it's definitely close, huh?!" Midoriya flailed, his face bright red at how close the brunette was to him.

"Hey, what's the matter?" 

"I'm just a little hot," He lied, but managed to gain some distance. In that moment, it seemed Uraraka also figured out that their closeness was a bit too hetero for her causing her own face to light up as she shot back and tried to distract herself and everyone who might have seen the interaction. 

"Let's hear it for camp!" 

"Camp! Camp! Camp!" Her, Kaminari and Ashido pranced around and clapped, which was abruptly cut off when a certain someone showed up. 

"I heard some of class A is taking extra courses! Does that mean they actually failed the final exams?! That must be so embarrassing! Especially since you're supposed to be so much better than my class! All of you must be wollowing in shame--" Monoma was cut off before he would have likely gone on, thanks to a swift hit from Kendo. 

"Don't mind him," She smiled and proceeded to drag the guy away. 

"Monoma's scary," One of his classmates muttered, causing Midoriya to light up as he noticed them. 

"Oh, the rest of class B!"

"It's nice to see you outside of the sports festival," A girl with Asui-colored hair said. "I guess now we're not technically rivals."

"Time to get on the bus!" Kendo called as she heaved Monoma into the vehicle. 

"Okay!" 

"The girls of class A and class B?!" Mineta was salivating way too much to be considered normal. "It's like a buffet of bombshells."

"Dude, get yourself together," Kirishima grimaced at him. "For real."

"Attention class A!" Iida suddenly spoke up, doing his arm chops. "Our bus is here! Everyone line up in seating order! And before anyone asks again, of course Mihoko will be sitting with Izak!"

"Awwww!" Several people whined, including Mihoko, but eventually went with it and loaded the bus according to their seating order. 

"I wanted to sit with Mina," Mihoko complained as she plopped down next to her guardian who hummed in acknowledgement. 

"At least we get to sit together, right?" Shinso offered as he sat down on her other side. The three of them were all the way at the back of the bus, and Mihoko was in the middle seat so she had the most leg room and immediate access to the aisle.

"Here's the deal," Aizawa told everyone after the bus had departed and was on the highway. "We'll be on this bus about an hour before our first stop. Make sure you stay focused.." He glanced back at his class, then deadpanned at what he was seeing. 

Kaminari was asking why they weren't blasting music, Iida was yelling that everyone should be sitting even though he was standing to be able to see over the seats, and everyone else was chatting with their seat-mate. Aizawa sighed. "Why do I bother?" He asked himself as he refocused on the road. "But I guess this is the only time they'll have to fool around."