6「exam」2

(Congrats on another chapter! Comment goal is 19 now, so good luck and happy reading~}

The final practical exam started, and soon, it was time for the sixth match to begin. Ashido, Kaminari and Shinso moved into an area that was likened to training ground Gamma with a bunch of factories and pipes. "Team Ashido, Kaminari and Shinso," The automated voice sounded after the buzzer. "Practical exam. Ready? Go!"

"As we discussed," Shinso said, twiddling with his vocal modulators. "Because we don't have enough information about our adversary, and because of this layout, it will be difficult to capture the principal, so we will be aiming to escape to find help."

"Yep!" Ashido beamed.

"And if we do get into trouble, Shinso at least is able to use the pipes to swing around," Kaminari pointed out. "Only one of us needs to escape, right?"

"Hey," Ashido poked Shinso, looking around with her eyebrows furrowed. "What's that noise?"

"It couldn't be the principal, could it?" Kaminari blinked, when suddenly Shinso had wrapped them up in his capture weapon and used the other end to swing them away as practically everything behind them started falling down.

"WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON?!" Ashido shrieked at the circumstances.

"I don't know but it's bad for us!" Kaminari squeaked. "I'm guessing our opponent is behind it!!"

"Ashido, when I give the signal, use your quirk to melt what's in front of us," Shinso requested, focusing mostly on maneuvering and keeping hold of the two in his binding cloth. His arms hurt from the strain of carrying two people, but not as much as he had expected it to. So, he clenched his jaw and kept going.

"Sure thing!" they agreed, then yelped as Shinso changed direction and swung them up on top of one of the buildings.

"Sorry, needed a breather," the boy murmured, stretching out his arm and flexing his hand to get rid of the cramping.

"No yeah for sure, take your time," Kaminari encouraged. "You've been carrying us for like five minutes, of course you're tired."

"Guys, I can see it!" Ashido suddenly exclaimed, pointing. "The escape gate!"

"That's great news!" The electric-user beamed.

"Oh no you don't," Nezu smirked from his place in a crane, using the controls to make something fall, and thus cause a chain reaction. As Shinso was recollecting himself, he heard ominous sounds coming towards them, so he quickly wrapped the two back up and jumped off the building.

"WHA--" The two screamed at the sudden movement, probably getting whiplash but they could worry about that later. This time, however, the principal had accounted for Shinso's reaction speed, and had caused another chain reaction that would intercept them.

When Shinso saw a building in front of them collapsing, he knew it was time. "ASHIDO NOW!"

"Gotcha!" She grinned, blasting her acid forward towards the falling building. Just in time, the acid melted what was in their way, and Shinso was able to get them through and eventually to the escape gate.

"Oh my," The principal chuckled to himself as he took a sip of tea. "Perhaps I took them too lightly."

~*~

After a surprise comeback from Mineta in his and Sero's practical exam, it was time for Bakugo and Midoriya to go up against Izak. The two students walked towards the huge doors as the automated voice sounded around them. "Team Midoriya and Bakugo, practical exam. Ready?" The doors opened, revealing a model city like that of the entrance exam. "Go!"

"Sorry about this," Izak muttered insincerely, lifting his foot and slamming it down on the pavement.

Instantly, the entire area in front of him crumbled like an earthquake and a sinkhole had hit at the exact same time. Hearing a yelp and a curse, a smirk crossed the maroonette's lips at the thought of how they must have realized that they had underestimated him. Now that there was only rubble and collapsed buildings, it was quite easy to see the two, so they could no longer try to hide or evade him.

"Come now, surely you didn't think this would be easy?" Izak asked in an almost jeering manner. Bakugo tutted as Midoriya flinched at the provocation, unused to their trainer being hostile since when they were training, he would just comment with a rude word here and there, but never in a viciously taunting way.

Before the greenette could fully process anything, Izak had sunk into a crouch, then blasted over to them with crazy speed. "Shit--" Bakugo was barely able to dodge the attack, then sneered as his partner got body-slammed so hard that he flew back to the door they had come in through.

"What will you do now, Bakugo?" Izak asked, suddenly behind him. Doing the first thing his instincts told him to do, the blonde shot himself into the air. "Wrong choice," Izak jumped and was about to slam him back down to the ground when Bakugo did some maneuvers and managed to blast him with his gauntlets. "Mm, nice try," the maroonette mused, then blinked as green sparks entered his vision. "Back up already, huh?"

"DELAWARE--" Midoriya aimed his fingers at Izak, but the move never came to fruition as Izak propelled himself forward and once again body-slammed the greenette, who flew into Bakugo and made them crash down. Frowning when he realized that they were now closer to the exit, Izak went to reposition himself once he'd landed--making sure to send another shockwave through to discombobulate them--so that he was between them and the escape route.

Angrily spitting out a mouthful of blood, Bakugo stomped to his feet with a glower. Izak really isn't holding back, he thought to himself as he ignited his hands in preparation. Midoriya was still coughing from the impact, on his hands and knees, so he wouldn't be much help. It also meant that Izak wouldn't be paying much attention to him since he would figure that the greenette was out for a bit.

So Bakugo was going to buy the nerd some time by distracting their trainer. He started off with using his other gauntlet, which the maroonette brushed off easily. Firing another huge explosion, as soon as his vision was impaired by the blast, he shot himself into the air and began firing in succession, making himself spin in a tornato of explosions. As Izak waved the smoke away from the last attack, he blinked as he found Bakugo flying towards him at incredible speeds.

This should be fun, he thought as he held his hand up to take the attack head on. Except, Bakugo's attack never landed.

[Like this story? Consider tipping me on Ko-Fi! You might get a surprise~ Link is on my profile. Thank you for reading my story!]