6「uninvited guest」6

(Wow, third chapter today! I feel like making it hard on you guys this time, soooo let's get 33 comments, shall we? Good luck and happy reading~}

Blood dripped from Dabi's fist, the glass shards melting from the heat of his quirk as he bared his teeth at the floor. The mirror in front of him was in shambles, now made up of half-melted and cracked glass that was unsuited for reflection.

The moment Dabi had seen his reflection in the mirror, the eyes he saw reminded him of all those times his father had beaten him during training, and his hair reminded him of his mother, who always cowered in fear. He couldn't stand the sight of either of those people, so he had punched the mirror, broken it, and ignited his hand to make sure it stayed wrecked.

"I'm not him," Dabi murmured as he panted. "I'm not. I'm the devil that will make that bastard burn in hell," He snarled. Slowly, he retracted his bleeding hand and looked at it. Seems like the protective layer only applies to fire, he figured as he felt himself relax. "Morgan Izak," Dabi said, letting a smirk slide onto his face. While you may be a UA hero student, you're affiliated with villains and even healed one without asking for anything in return.

Stain, you should be proud, Dabi thought as he turned to leave the bathroom. You were caught by the one true hero in this world. "Giran said his hero name was Aether, right?" He mused. I should pay you a visit soon.

~*~

"Izzy, Toshi, I'm home!" Mihoko called as she opened the front door of their apartment. The two boys had gotten home not too long ago, so when they heard her come in, they both came out to greet her. Right as they were opening their respective doors, the eight year old's voice sounded again. "I brought a new friend!"

"Oh wow, it's so cute in here!" The girl looked around with a surprised yet happy expression, then smiled as she saw Izak come out of his room. "Hi! Sorry, I would have waited for Giran to set up a meeting for us, but things just didn't work out that way," She trilled. "Plus Miho here is soooo adorable I couldn't help but walk her home! Oh, I'm Toga Himiko, by the way, it's really nice to meet you Aether!"

"What's..." Shinso blinked as he came out from living room door, looking between Mihoko and the new person he didn't know, who had just introduced herself and used Izak's hero name. What was with her calling him that? Glancing at Izak, Shinso couldn't suppress the urge to gulp at the maroonette's expression.

"Giran," Izak stated darkly, having raised his phone to his ear as Toga looked at him intriguedly. "What the fuck were you thinking telling someone about Miho?"

"Huh?" Giran paled with an involuntary shudder. "I would never give anyone information on Miho! What on earth are you saying?!"

"One of your clients just came home with her, said you were going to set up a meeting for us but she ran into Miho today so she came," Izak grumbled before sighing and running a hand through his hair. "Toga ring a bell?"

"Uh---yes," the broker sweatdropped. "She came to see me a few days ago about the same thing Dabi did, wanting to know who captured the hero killer and to meet them when I confirmed that you were contactable. I'm not quite sure how she managed to find Miho, or you, but if she's there, just know that her quirk is blood related."

"Girannnnn it's no fun if you give it away so fast!" Toga whined, but she was still smiling. "Don't worry, Giran didn't tell me anything about Miho! But she smells like you, and I know your smell from where Mister Stainy was taken, sooo I put two and two together~" the teen put her forefingers together with a giggle before her eyes suddenly lit up and she lunged for Izak. "Give me some of your blood!"

"W.. why?" Izak frowned at her, not sure how to react to this since Giran had just said her quirk was related to blood.

"I like you soooooo much Aether! You're so cool," Toga looked up at him with a strange look on her face. "You'd look so much better bruised and bleeding, don't you think," She glanced back. "Miho?"

Izak glowered at the blonde girl. The action of looking at Mihoko made him think she was threatening to hurt her if he didn't give her blood, which was more than enough reason for him to kill her. But before he could snap his fingers to do so, Mihoko let out a groan.

"Himikoooo you promised you wouldn't say anything weird!" She complained, causing Toga giggle and detatch herself from the maroonette.

"I knowwww but he's just so beautiful, I couldn't help it!" She held her cheeks and sighed dramatically. "I think I'm in love!"

"Wha--" Mihoko and Shinso gawked as Izak just deadpanned at this new development.

"Just come inside and shut the door already," Izak said as he sighed again and moved to where Shinso was taking up the doorway. "Miho, no more bringing new people here. I'm not sure I can trust your judgement anymore."

"W-wait!" The eight year old cried. "Himiko isn't a bad person! She just really likes blood! That's okay, isn't it?! Izzy please, she even offered to teach me how to use knives so I can kick people out when it's time to eat!"

"Why would I approve of that?" Izak looked over his shoulder to squint at the little girl. "Just come and sit down, we'll talk."

"Awww Miho!!!" Toga beamed and hugged her tight, causing Mihoko to squeak. "Thank you for defending me! You're such a good little girl!"

"Yes I am!" She agreed, then pouted at Izak's back. "Izzy just doesn't seem to get that, hmph."

"Don't worry Miho!" Toga separated from the hug. "Let's convince him together!"

"Ah, mhm!" The little girl brightened, and so the two walked into the living room hand in hand. Well this is going to be annoying, Izak thought to himself at the sight as Shinso sat nervously beside him. But I suppose as long as she doesn't do either of them any harm, it should be fine.

[Like this story? Consider tipping me on Ko-Fi! You might get a surprise~ Link is on my profile. Thank you for reading my story!]