5「hero killer」4

(Congrats on attaining the comment goal! Here's another chapter, as promised~ comment goal is now 17, so good luck and happy reading!!)

"I gotta know man," Twice said as he scarfed his food. It was dinner time, and as usual, Izak had produced all of the food out of thin air. Giran wasn't lying when he said this stuff was top notch, the guy thought to himself. "What's your quirk? It feels like you can do anything! Totally, it's not fair."

"Maybe that's why I'm a government secret," Izak shrugged, meaning he was not going to enlighten the dude. Groaning, Twice didn't question it further, knowing that some things could be sore spots that people would rather not talk about, or just something to keep secret. The government part made him more curious, but he knew when to pry and when not to.

With as powerful as the household head was, Twice didn't want to risk provoking him.

"I'm quirkless!" Mihoko suddenly volunteered some information, causing the two older guys to glance at her. Twice's lips twitched upward before he reached over and patted her head.

"Good for you, kid. Sometimes it's better that way."

"Right?" She beamed, happy from the affectionate action. "If I wasn't quirkless, I never woulda gotten to meet Izzy!"

"Who knows," Izak said as he stood up, his plate and utensils disappearing like they had never existed. "I'm off, call me if you need me. I'll be sure to keep the ringer on," He promised, glancing at each of them before focusing on his kid. "Miho, you're in charge."

"Yes sir!" She saluted playfully, so with a parting nod, the maroonette left the two to their own devices. "So Mister Twice," The seven year old addressed. "Have you ever seen power puff girls?"

"Uh, maybe. No way, that's that kid show, isn't it?" His octave changed in the second sentence, but after being with him for over an hour, Mihoko was already sort of used to it.

"That's my favorite show! And we're gonna watch it together!" She proclaimed with a devious grin. A bit later, her and their temporary roommate were all decked out in power puff merch and singing along with the theme song as they ran around the couches and did each character's signature poses. If Izak had been there, he probably would have gone and hid in his room to avoid the chaos.

But Izak was not there, instead he was rooftop hopping along with his teacher. Things had been a bit more active that night, with them having caught several petty criminals and managed to rescue two people that were in the midst of getting mugged. One of those people had gotten injured, so Eraser had given Aether permission to use his quirk.

The person had been grateful, since the injury had been a knife to forearm, which would have made it hard to work in any capacity. After some excessive bowing, the person left and Izak and Aizawa could turn the perp over to the authorities.

As the cops were handcuffing the guy to take him in, Izak felt his phone buzz. It wasn't a call, so it probably wasn't Mihoko, but he still took the device out to check just in case. Pushing up his blindfold, he opened his eyes and peered at his phone. What was displayed on the screen made him furrow his eyebrows before turning to face his handler. "Eraser, I think we have a problem."

"Huh?" The pro hero glanced at him. "What are you talking about?"

"I think Midoriya's in trouble," The maroonette explained, showing his screen to Aizawa. On the screen was a map and a marked location, which Midoriya had been the one to send. Squinting at it, he took a second before shaking his head.

"It says he's in Hosu, so there's no way to get there to help him," Eraserhead decided, but Izak didn't feel like sitting by and letting something happen to one of his prodigies.

"I can get us there, just say the word," He prompted, causing his handler to deadpan at him.

"He's in Hosu, that's a six hour--wait, what am I saying?" Aizawa ran a hand over his face. "Are you sure Midoriya is in danger?"

"Do you really want to chance it?" Izak countered.

"Fine," Aizawa sighed. "I authorize you to take us to Hosu."

"Understood," The teen snapped his fingers, causing himself and his handler to materialize in a back alley of Hosu right as the Hero Killer's tongue whipped out. When Aizawa saw who was there and what was happening, he instantly activated his quirk.

"Aether, take care of the victims and leave the hero killer to me."

"You sure you'll be able to handle him?" Izak questioned even as he snapped his fingers. Just like that, Midoriya, Iida and the pro hero Stain had been after known as Native all appeared behind the maroonette, all of their wounds healed, feeling rejuvenated and no longer paralyzed. "I could make this a lot easier."

"Ha, that's an impressive quirk, kid, but you really should leave the fighting to adults," Stain smirked as he readied his weapons, taking account of the situation. Probably best if I leave, there's too many to deal with.

Before he could, though, his eyes rolled back in his head and he flopped to the ground, causing the three victims to gasp. "Aether, restrain him and confiscate his weapons," Aizawa ordered, having given him permission to knock the guy out with a subtle signal, so the teen did so with a yawn. "As for you two," He crossed his arms as he glared at his two students. "What possessed you to try to fight the Hero Killer?"

"Uhh..." Midoriya opened his mouth, but was unsure of how to answer. Before he could try to formulate more of a response, his teacher was berating them and saying how reckless it was and that they were lucky that Izak was capable of teleportation or else they would definitely be dead.

Meanwhile, Izak had finished tying and disarming Stain, so he took a second to text the group chat--where the location message had been sent--that everything was okay and he had it under control. A few responses rolled in asking for details or saying that they were glad he followed up.

And just like that, Stain the Hero Killer was taken into custody, and reign of terror was over. Or so everyone thought, until a certain video was published along with everything Stain had believed. Thus, Stain's reign of terror might have been over, but the ideology of the Hero Killer lived on and bloomed anew.

[Like this story? Consider tipping me on Ko-Fi! You might get a surprise~ Link is on my profile. Thank you for reading my story!]