6「strategy」1

(Hello all and welcome back to Atomic Struggle! Comment goal is 18, so good luck and happy reading!)

"WE HAVE TO FIGHT IZAK?!" Bakugo demanded, his facial expression a mix between anger and astonishment. It was clear he didn't think winning against the guy was physically possible. Under normal circumstances, it wouldn't be.

"Don't worry," Aizawa said, holding himself back from rolling his eyes. "We wouldn't sick Morgan on you without some restrictions. If Morgan doesn't want to fail, he's only allowed to manipulate his own body during the fight, since we know he doesn't like to do that."

"Yeah," Izak confirmed after Bakugo and Midoriya had sent him questioning looks. "It sucks for me since it's gonna feel weird as fuck, but still," He shrugged. "It won't stop me from doing my best within the restrictions."

"Good," Nezu clapped his hands. "Now then, to complete the exam, you'll have thirty minutes. In order to win, your objective is to put these handcuffs on your teacher, or you can win if one of you escapes from the combat stage."

"So we've either got to capture the teacher or run away," Kaminari summarized. "It's basically like the combat training."

"Yeah, but," Ashido raised their hand. "Is it really okay to just jet?"

"Yep~" The principal gave her a thumbs up.

"It's gonna be much different than that combat training y'all went through earlier, after all," Present Mic grinned. "You're up against people waaaaaaaaayyy better than you!"

"Better? Really?" Jiro deadpanned. "Wait, aren't you just the announcer?"

"HEY WATCH YOUR MOUTH GIRL, HAVE SOME RESPECT!"

"This time, your exam will be very similar to a real battle," Thirteen pitched in. "As strange as it is, please think of us as villains."

"Assuming you come across your enemy, if you think you can win against them, then fight. However.."

"For instances where you're outmatched, it would be smarter to run away and find help," Aizawa finished. "Iida and Midoriya, I'm sure the two of you understand."

"I won't make that mistake again," Iida murmured, looking at his hand. "I will pass this test and prove that I'm a hero."

"So, we fight to win or run to win," Midoriya said.

"That's right, it's a test of your desicion making skills~ but with these rules, you're probably thinking your only real choice is to flee," Midnight mused. "That's why the support course made these handy little accessories for us!"

"Behold!" Present Mic bellowed. "Ultra Compressed Weights! These bad boys will add about half our body weight to our physiques, and you know what that means~ the more we move, the more tired we get! Now factor in the weights and hooooweeeee!"

"We had a contest to come up with these designs, and Hatsume ended up winning it," Powerloader said. "Not exactly surprising from how hard she worked to make them."

"Wow, good for Hatsume!" Midoriya blinked, then glanced at the maroonette as he strapped on the weights. "You're wearing some too, Izak?"

"I'm only allowed to manipulate my body, not my clothes or anything," He shrugged. "But I'm fine with it, means I get some weight training in, so I'll at least get something outta this."

"Ha..hah," Midoriya sweatdropped, Izak obviously doesn't see us as a challenge.

"Let's begin," Aizawa refocused the conversation. "The teams will take the practical exam in the order you were called. We have a stage prepared for you. Sato, Kirishima," He addressed. "You're up."

"Yes sir!" The two responded.

"Those waiting for their turn to fight can either watch the other exams or try to strategize together as a team, it's your choice," Eraserhead told the students as the faculty began heading out. "That's all."

As Izak walked away, Bakugo's eyes followed him. "Um, Kacchan--"

"Listen," The blonde snarled, grabbing the front of Midoriya's hero costume. "Just because Izak has a handicap doesn't mean he's not still invincible."

"Right, but--"

"I said Listen, nerd," Bakugo hissed, bringing him closer. "Just because we have to work together doesn't mean I'm gonna let you look down on me, got it? So shut your ass up before I blast you to hell," He growled, then sighed and released the greenette. "He's only allowed to manipulate his own body, meaning he'll heal instantaneously, be able to make himself permeable, and I wouldn't put it past him to detach something and use it as a weapon, not to mention he's been training us and knows our strengths and weaknesses," He ran hand through his hair. "This won't be easy."

"He doesn't know that I've been able to up my percentage to 12% since I haven't worked with him in a while," Midoriya offered. "Plus Izak won't be able to know where we're coming from, so if we split up, he'll have a harder time keeping us contained, and we can escape to win!"

"Obviously," Bakugo rolled his eyes. "As much as I want to fight him to win, that would never work, so our only option is to run. But it won't be as simple as what you're making it out to be," He narrowed his eyes at his partner. "Remember, this is a test for Izak as well."

"Oh, right," Midoriya nodded, then began to mumble to himself before the blonde shoved him.

"CUT IT OUT!"

"Ack!"

"They're having a hell of a time," Aizawa muttered to himself as he watched the two problem children. "I didn't expect that they'd strategize together, but I guess you're that scary to them."

"Guess so," Izak shrugged, standing beside his teacher. This whole ordeal wasn't a surprise to him, since Aizawa and Nezu had called him in a while back to get his consent for this test. He thought it was an interesting way of testing them, plus it would be fun to fight his pupils and see for himself how much they had improved.

It was a bit disheartening that they both seemed adamant about wanting to run instead of facing him, but Izak could understand since he knew he was practically a god on earth. "Remember, Morgan," The pro hero addressed, causing the teen to glance at him. "You fail if you manipulate something other than your body, or if both of them get out without even encountering you."

"And I pass if they don't escape, or if they escape after scuffling with me. Don't worry," Izak hummed with a slight smile on his face. "I won't go too easy on them."

"...Good to hear, but don't try to kill them either," Aizawa gave him a look, causing the maroonette to roll his eyes.

"I'm not so reckless that I would crush something I personally cultivated, Aizawa. But, if they ever truly try to bite the hand that feeds them," He shrugged nonchalantly, and Eraserhead got chills at the look he saw in Izak's eyes. "That's an entirely different story."

[Like this story? Consider tipping me on Ko-Fi! You might get a surprise~ Link is on my profile. Thank you for reading my story!]