1「challenge」0

"Your indoor combat training is over," All Might stated over the microphone.

"Are you okay?!" Iida fussed as Uraraka sort of slid off the outside of the weapon with a loud sigh, and then she started trying not to throw up.

"The hero team WINSSSSS!"

"Well this is a wreck," Izak said as he peeked out of the weapon, stepping through it and floating towards where Bakugo and Midoriya were on the floor below. "You okay Bakugo?"

"..."

"Earth to Bakugo," Izak tried again, landing in front of him and waving his hand in front of the boy's face.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT DAMMIT?!" He burst, smacking his classmate's hand away with a vicious growl.

"I asked if you were okay," Izak tapped the side of his head. "I can't really help with mental stuff, but I can with anything physical."

"I'm fine. You.." He gritted his teeth as his gaze slid over his opponent, who had passed out. Izak got the jist of what he was trying to say, so he moved and knelt near the unconscious and very beat up Midoriya. With a snap of his left hand, all of the boy's injuries were gone.

"YOUNG MORGAN, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE YOUR QUIRK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UNLESS AIZAWA IS PRESENT AND ALLOWS IT!" All Might came barging in, making him deadpan at him.

"Well I'm sorry that I thought, as a hero in training, that I should help someone who was so hurt they ended up unconscious, but sure, I guess I'll just go back to being inside the fake weapon," He sassed so hard that All Might, Bakugo, Iida and Uraraka were all at a loss for words. It wasn't until after the boy had reentered the weapon that they all sort of shook out of the shock and went on with the recovery and soon exited the area, going to the screening room to review.

Izak didn't use his ability to listen in, instead just snoozing inside the weapon after getting comfortable. Some time later, two people came into the room where Izak had been transported, and then All Might's voice blew over the speakers. "Match two! Team B will be our heroes, and team I will be the villains."

"Hey, Ojiro," The invisible girl spoke up as her partner stretched his arms out. "Let's get serious. I'm gonna take off all of my clothes and totally disappear."

"Yeah, cool," Ojiro sweatdropped.

"Uhhhh just don't look, okay?"

"What's the difference?"

"Look alive kids!" All Might called. "Show us the embodiment of good! Or evil, let's go!" The starting horn went off, and the timer started.

"Try not to jostle me too much, I'm fragile," Izak said to Ojiro after the girl had left to scout and try to take their opponents by surprise.

"Uh, sure thing." He agreed. A few seconds later, Izak was deadpanning.

"Why the hell is it so cold all of a sudden?"

"My apologies," He heard a voice he hadn't heard before say, along with some ominous crunching sounds. "Pry yourself up if you want, but it might be hard to fight me with no skin on the bottom of your feet," The person addressed Ojiro, who slumped in defeat. Izak soon felt a rush of heat, and was no longer cold. "It's not your fault. We're just playing on different levels."

"Even I'm not that conceited," Izak exhaled sharply with a shake of his head. The rest of the battles were less stacked than that one was, and Izak got to chat with some other people too, so that was a plus. Eventually, the training ended, and everyone gathered at the exit of ground beta.

"That's a wrap!" All Might called. "Super work, you really stepped up to the plate! And we didn't have any major injuries except for Midoriya. You should be proud! Excellent first day of training all around." He gave the class a big thumbs up.

"It's nice to hear some encouraging words after our homeroom class." Asui smiled with a raised hand, "Mister Aizawa was kinda a buzz kill." Everyone nodded in agreement with her words, even Izak did. He had more reason to than anyone else, considering how strict the guy was with him.

"I'm happy to bring such staggering positivity to my alma mater!" The number one hero exclaimed. "That's all for now folks. I should go and check on young Midoriya's progress." All Might told us with one hand raised. "Now watch how a pro exits, like he's got SOMEWHERE TO BEEEEE!"

With that statement, All Might rushed out of the training ground with a burst of wind in his wake. That's a bit excessive, the teen thought to himself before beginning to rub his eye. "Okay you guys, that is a hero!" Kaminari declared.

"Awww I'll never be able to run that fast." Ojiro complained.

"Super awesome!" Mineta squeaked.

"Come on, let's change and head back to the classroom," Izak said, starting out the exit.

"Yeah, we're coming!" Kirishima and Kaminari exclaimed, and soon everyone was following as Izak led the way to the locker rooms. The changing rooms were loud with chatter, but even through all of the noise, Izak still could feel a certain someone staring at him. Or more, two certain someones.

Those two certain someones ended up walking back to class on either side of him, making the trek kind of tense and awkward. Izak had no reason to pry into why they were being the way they were, so he just went without looking at either of them. Right as he was going to step through the doorframe to the classroom, a hand caught his wrist.

"About earlier," The half and half boy stared at him intently, so Izak gave him his attention. Bakugo just sort of shoved past them after a second of confusion. "I'm not conceited."

"Okay."

"I'm serious. And," He released the other boy's wrist, his eyes narrowing at him. "I'm going to beat you, no matter how powerful you are."