8「monstrosity」3

Just a bit earlier, Yaoyorozu was being hauled by class 1B's Awase. There was blood running down her face from a wound on her head, which had been inflicted upon her by the thing chasing them. Neither of the two heroes in training had ever seen such a horrific being before; it's brains were on full display, it had multiple quirks, it didn't seem like it could talk or communicate except for demonic squawking that would definitely be in their nightmares, and it seemed dead-set on killing them.

Suddenly Awase tripped, causing them both to grunt. "Oh no, oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Awase yelled as he hugged Yaoyorozu close to him as whatever that monstrosity was lifted it's chainsaw, except it suddenly stopped. When the two heroes in training reopened their eyes, it was gone. "It.. where'd it go?" Awase voiced, looking around. "No way.. Hoooooooo," he exhaled stiffly before practically melting as his nerves calmed down. "That was scary..."

"Yeah.." Yaoyorozu mumbled. The beast was definitely gone, and they were alive, so that was the good news. Yaoyorozu quickly thought back to what had happened that had gotten them into this mess, or more like how the mess had become their problem. 

Yaoyorozu and Aoyama had been making their way through the trail for the Test of Courage when they had come upon a part of the forest with a thick fog. However, Yaoyorozu quickly recognized it for what it actually was: poison. "Aoyama, here!" She had produced a gas mask and gave him one, securing her own a second later. 

"Something's wrong," Aoyama voiced, causing his partner to nod as she glanced around before gesturing for them to head forward. "W-wait!" Aoyama protested. "Shouldn't we return to camp and notify the teachers?"

"No, I can't, there are three groups ahead of us and they have no way of getting gas masks. If you want to go and notify the pros, you can, but I'm going to help our classmates and those I can find of class B," Yaoyorozu asserted. In the end, Aoyama had gone with her. 

Finding Jirou and Hagakure on the ground, passed out from the poison was not what Yaoyorozu wanted to find. She had known it was a likely possibility, but she didn't want her classmates hurt! From there, she had left Aoyama to care for their two passed out classmates while she and Awase---who had been not far from Jirou and Hagakure but not passed out and still mobile---went to find anyone else around them. 

However, as they were maneuvering the path, Yaoyorozu had blacked out. That was the last thing she remembered before she regained consciousness as Awase was dragging her away from that monstrosity. Now, as her mind caught her up to speed, Yaoyorozu realized she didn't see any more poison mist. Someone must've handled whoever was controlling it, she thought to herself as she lifted her arm and touched her bleeding head. Now isn't the time to rest, we need to hurry and get back to camp now that we're out of immediate danger. 

"Awase," Yaoyorozu addressed, and the guy perked up before panicking slightly as the girl forced herself to her feet. "We need to get going."

"Whoa, I totally agree, but are you sure you don't need a few more minutes for a break? You've lost a lot of blood," He grimaced, but the creator shook her head before smiling slightly. 

"No, I'll be okay. I do think I'll need your assistance to get all the way back to camp, though."

"Oh, no problem!" Awase sprang up, and soon the two were heading away from the spot where they had almost met their untimely demise. Just thinking that made Yaoyorozu think about Izak. If things were dire enough, shouldn't Mister Aizawa have sent him out to help? Or wait, what if our teacher didn't know, and everyone was confused why the pairs that had gone hadn't come back from the test of courage even after so much time had passed? 

Whatever it was, the girl felt something dark and twisted begin to grow inside of her, but she squashed it as soon as she recognized it. I will not doubt my teachers, she asserted, heroes are not omnipotent, the only person who could have seen it coming would have been Izak, but he's not supposed to use his quirk... He was right behind us too, so we should run into him soon if he and Koda are headed this way. What if they were attacked? What if there were more of those monsters? 

Yaoyorozu suddenly felt like there would be a lot more fighting to be done, and she reserved herself to be ready for the next part of this battle. That prediction was wrong; the situation was worse than she expected. When she and Awase came out of the forest to the clearing where everyone had been, the two gasped. 

Bodies littered the ground, including the three pro heroes Tiger, Mandalay and Pixiebob. However, they mostly looked uninjured; there weren't any obvious spots of blood, and there weren't any villains around so that was good. "Hey, what happened here?" Awase yelled, causing Yaoyorozu to glance over at who he was yelling at. Midoriya was just taking his hand off Shinso's shoulder as the guy, who had been sulking or something, raised his head to look at the new arrivals. 

"We got attacked by two villains named Saku Mori and Nightmare, don't worry, they said they're just sleeping!" Midoriya called as he jogged over to them. "Are you guys okay?! Were there more villains?"

"Yes," Yaoyorozu breathed, struggling to keep her eyes open. The blood loss was catching up to her, and because she could physically see that there was no more reason to keep fighting, the relief that was filling her system was making all of the adrenaline her body had been pumping retreat, so the pain of her injuries was also making a comeback. "There was someone with a poison quirk, and--" She broke off, looking at Awase, who took over after a second. 

"There was this really creepy looking thing with brains coming out of its head, it had at least eight arms, and like, chainsaws on five of them, and a hammer--which was totally weird and random--on another arm, and it didn't talk, it just made a really freaky noise like a bird but like a predator bird, yeah that's definitely it," he grimaced. "Man, I'mma have nightmares for years, that was so scary."

"Sounds it," Shinso's eyebrows furrowed, having joined them as the class  student was relaying the villain's description. "Hey, Yaoyorozu," He addressed, causing her to look up. 

"Yes?" She asked, and instantly her eyes went white as Hitoshi brainwashed her. 

"Rest," He ordered, so she shut her eyes and drooped, causing Awase to grunt as he supported more of her weight. "Go ahead and lay her down," He jerked his head towards the side before turning to Midoriya. "For now, I think you should be the one to go tell Mister Aizawa and Vlad King."

"Right, I'm on it!" Midoriya nodded, powering up and darting away towards where the camp was. The hard part might have been over, but it was still going to be a long night.