3. Confidence

'It looks good on you.' Avalon assured.

'Of course it does.' Daemon agreed. 'it will be mine one day.'

'You sure? Because Viserys is very confident this is a boy.' Avalon reminded him and Daemon rolled his eyes.

'Think about it Avalon, you and me and the iron throne.

'You have a wife. If you were king she would-'

'Stay far, far away.' Daemon told her with a smirk holding her hostage in his lap.

'He passed through the Red Keep's gates at first light.'

'Does my father know he's here?' Rhaenyra questioned as she walked to meet her uncle Daemon.

'No.'

'Good.'

'Gods be good.' Daemon declared he sat on the iron throne. It would be his one day he was testing it out. But Rhaenyras guard was not pleased until ser Harold saw Avalon. She usually could keep daemon in check.

'It's all right, ser.' Rhaenyra said as she approached her aunt and uncle.

''What do you think you're doing, uncle? " Rhaenyra asked her uncle in High Valyrian.

" Sitting " Daemon replied back smugly.  " This could well be my chair, one day " Daemon reminded her confidently as he lounged comfortably on the throne.

" Not if you're executed for treason "  Rhaenyra corrected " You haven't come to court in a age. " Rhaenyra added .

"You really havent." Avalon agreed.

" Yes, court is dreadfully boring " Daemon informed her. "Viserys is boring." Avalon shook her head as she pinched Daemons hip.

"Be nice. I love Viserys." Avalon instructed and Daemon snorted a laugh.

" Then, why come back at all? ". Rhaenyra questioned.

" I heard your father was hosting a tournament in my honor " Daemon declared happily. Avalon rolled her pretty eyes.

" The tournament is for the heir " Rhaenyra reminded him.

" Just as I said " Daemon agreed smugly.

" His new heir ". Rhaenyra corrected.

He hoped down from the throne to meet her keeping a hold of Avalon as they moved.

'Did you bring mouse?" Daemon questioned kissing his sisters cheek.

"Of course! How else would I get here!" Avalon exclaimed.

"I remember the day he hatched.' Daemon told her, his hands on her shoulders. "You lite up and then were promptly hyperventilating."

"Lies. He was just so cute." Avalon corrected.

"And I didnt get you a mouse and he was as little as a mouse-" daemon went on.

'Because I thought it was funny to call something so large, something so small.' Avalon agreed. "And Mouse is very ferocious." Daemon chuckled leaning into her.

'I am so glad you are here.' Rhaenyra told Avalon, she looked skeptically at her uncle daemon.

'what? No hug for me?" He mused.

'Are you staying out of trouble?" Rhaenyra questioned.

'Of course,' Daemon assured but the smug look on his face said otherwise.

'He is here for the tounrey, and going to be so good you wont recognize him!" Avalon told her.

"Yeah really sell it." Daemon mused

'Can we go riding later?' Rhaenyra questioned.

'Yes! I want to see how well you have Syrax trained.' Avalon told her.

"Can I join in on the fun?" Daemon questioned pulling Avalon back to him.

'I don't know if we want you spoiling our fun.' Avalon corrected.

"Spoiling your fun?" Daemon questioned appalled.

'Yes.' Avalon said with a laugh.

'Come here squirt.' Daemon picked her up throwing her over his shoulder and laughed and laughed as the throne room door opened.

'Put me down!" Avalon declared her face going red. Daemon put her back on her feet and Rhaenyra hugged tight to her aunt again. 'So tall, so beautiful.' Avalon told her. 'I see fire in you.'

'Fire is in all of us.' Rhaenyra reminded her.

'some more than others.' Avalon told her.

'Princess...' Rhaenyra turned, Avalon still hugged her tight. 'You have been requested.' Rhaenyra turned back to Avalon and Daemon.

"I will keep him out of trouble.' Avalon assured. 'I have to pester your father later, I will find you.' Rhaenyra nodded as she headed out. Daemon grabbed Avalons hand spinning her around.

'I got you something love.' He held out a necklace, her fingers reached for it but he snatched it back. 'Do you know what it is?' Daemon questioned

'It's Valyrian steel.' Avalon answered

'Like Dark Sister.' Daemon said touching the sword at his hip. 'Turn around. Now... you and I both own a small piece of our ancestry.' Daemon said clasping it onto her.

'Thank you brother.' Avalon coed her fingers touching the steels around her neck. He turned her back around to face him.

'Beautiful.' He told her 'but that just might be the model and not the jewelry.' He mused kissing her cheek.

+

"Oh thats so lovely." Alicent remarked coming up to Avalon.

"Daemon got it for me." Avalon informed her fondly. Her fingers traced along the gems.

Alicent didnt know where her confidence was coming from but she ran with it. Ran straight to Avalon.

"Whats on your mind?" Avalon questioned tucking a strand of hair behind Alicents ear.

"How can you tell?" Alicent countered nervously.

"I have a way about me." Avalon remarked vaguely. "Viserys and Daemon used to call me magic."

"I have no doubt you are magical Avalon."