77. Hatching

"I want a dragon. This is so stupid." Vaera grumbled crossong her arms over her chest. "Im leaving." She started to stomp off but aegon blocked her path.

"Come on gorgeous you know you only come to training to see me." Aegon purred. Vaera smiled back at him. "Stay," he trapped her against his chest.

''Call Vermax to heel, Prince Jacaerys.''

"Serve." Jace called. "Heel."

"Come on..." the dragon keeper encouraged.

"You can do better than that be louder!" Vaera agreed.

''Vermax!'' Jace called out ''Vermax!'' he called again louder this time. Vermax screeched.  'Vamos vamos.' Jace looked to Vaera for approval.

"Better." She agreed.

"Good work my prince."

''Zaldrizo aoho syt aeksio sagon ao bevilza, darilaros nuhys...'' he began speaking in high valyrian trying to soothe the dragon as a sheep was brought in.

'Holtz.' Jace declared.

"Oh Mouse!" Vaera ran off and aegons eyes followed her.

''You must hold mastery over your dragon, my young Princes.''

''Hae Darilarot Aegot Vvsperzomy.''

''As Prince Aegon has with Sunfyre.'' The dragon keeper told him

"Oh Mouse why couldnt you have a baby for me? I really want a dragon. Aemond too and you are just the sweetest thing." Vaera declared running a hand over Mouses scales. Mouse seemed to smile down at her. "I will bring you cookies later. I promise." She added kissing him quickly.

''Once they're fully bound to you, they will refuse to take instruction from any other.'' Vermax screeched out moving against command to get to the sheep.

'Can I say it?" Jace asked hopefully.

''Mm-hm.'' The dragon keeper agreed. The sheep baaed nervously as it was tied up. Jace stepped forward a giddy smile on his face.

"Hey... if i bring you my egg can you open it for me?" Vaera questioned. Mouse stared down at her. "Like dragon talk it outnof its shell?"

''Dracarys, Vermax!'' Jace shouted and his dragon breathed flames onto the sheep happily before moving to its corpse and ripping it apart.

"Alyssa your egg!" Avalon declared.

"Mama my egg!" Alyssa agreed wide eyes.

"Oh baby its hatching!" Avalon knew how much aemond and vaera wanted a dragon and now their baby sisters egg was hatching. She almost wanted to pretend it was aemonds egg. He was elder after all and alyssa wouldnt mind but this was alyssa egg. Aemond had picked it out specially for Alyssas crib.

''Aemond, we have a surprise for you.''

''What is it?'' Aemond questioned as Aegon led him deeper into the dragon cave.

''Something very special.'' Aegon told him smugly.

"Oh Mouse just imagine it!" Vaera declared. "A baby dragon! It wiuld be grand! We should start thinking of names." She added. "Like- Cat! Mouse and cat or kitty. Kitty the dragon! Okay maybe not kitty. I will keep thinking. I will grab my egg and we can brainstorm together!" She decided running off.

''You and your sisters the only ones of us without a dragon.'' Jace remarked.

''Indeed.'' Aemond agreed confused. "But alyssa is still little."

''And we felt badly about it, so we found one for you.'' Aegon mused.

''A dragon? How?'' Aemond said happily as he waited for his dragon to immerge. "Vaera they found a dragon!" Aemond shouted and vaera shuffled to a stop.