61. little

Vaera Targaryen was the tiniest baby Viserys had ever seen, he thought he would squish her when he held her. But she was so content in her fathers arms. Avalon smiled back at them. Viserys had been so worried when Rhaenyra was born, everything was so new. Rhaenyra screamed, Viserys thought she was dying, Rhaenyra made a look of pain when she was taking a shit, Viserys rushed her to the maesters.  He had three more chuldren since her but for vaera he had it down now. At least avalon had thought so.

"Is she supposed to be this little?" Viserys questioned.

"Shes a baby, Viserys."

"Rhaenyra wasnt this little." Viserys corrected. "But you were. Aemond was too I suppose."

"She's barely a week old, she will get bigger." Alicent assured.

"Now give me back my baby girl." Avalon requested. Viserys gently passed off Vaera when aegon came in.

"Another one? Babies are boring mama." Aegon decided.

"This is your baby sister." Viserys corrected.

"She doesnt do anything!" Aegon demanded. WHen aegon was told that he was getting a sister, he thought another sister would be fun, and play right away, not take forever to get here and be super duper tiny when she arrived. Just like aemond. His siblings were disappointing. Aegon was disappointed.

Although viserys was sure that when his own younger brother daemon was born he wasnt so excited either. His parent's attention had shifted to the baby but viserys was going to make sure his other children were not left out. He turned back around to aegon but he had already marched off with all the dignity a four year could muster.

Viserys turned back to vaera kissing her little face. Her eyes so violet stared up at him. She was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Reminded him so much of avalon in every single way.

Viserys realized with each passing night that his perfect vaera didnt like sleeping. She woke them up begging for food. Wailing for milk. Avalon was so tried. She yawned stretching out over the bed as viserys picked up vaera. Her cries silenced as she snuggled into viserys slapping at his bare chest. Vaera was already a daddys girl.

"Wrong tits my little love." Viserys corrected passing her off to avalon. Vaera was silent for about half an hour before she decided she was hungry again.

"Perfect angel huh?" Avalon questioned.

Viserys stared down at vaera. She seemed to smile already knowing she was wrapping around his little finger.

"Daddys girl."

Helaena and aegon were very independent it seemed. Alicent loved them but they were their own little people. Aemond and vaera were always snuggled up next to viserys and avalon. Sure they were littlier and younger but helaena liked to wander off on butterfly missions and aegon liked to act a big man.

It was hard to compete with avalons cuddle bug children. But avalon was snuggler. Alicent was more independent. It made sense.

Aemond and vaera much like helaena and aegon all had dragon eggs. Unhatched. Avalon had mouse her first boy her first baby and the kids loved Mouse but when vaera got her own egg she was in love.

Vaera loved her dragon egg. She thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world. She was admiring it as it sat on the fire when she heard a commotion. Vaeras head turned to the door blinking back at it before looking back at her egg.

There was another bang. She crawled over to the door and gave it a yank to no avail. She babbled banging on the door trying to get out. When the door did open it flew into her and she went rolling back with a thud.

Vaera froze laying on her back face to the ceiling then a deafening wail escaped her lips.

"What are you doing by the door!" Aegon shouted plopping vaera onto her butt. Vaera whimpered lip quivering back at her brother. "Its your own fault. Dont be a baby." Vaeras lips puckered as little tears fell down her cheeks. "What!" Vaera got up crawling to the door and marched right into viserys. He scooped her up and saw her tears

"Oh vaera! What happened!" Viserys declared kissing her little face. Vaera waved a hand back at aegon. "Aegon what did you do?"

"Me!" Aegon shouted. "She was crying when I  here." Vaera shook her head giving viserys an open mouthed kiss.

"You alright baby girl?" Viserys questioned. Vaera babbled back at him and he assumed that meant she was fine.

"Sorry vaera." Aegon whispered. "I didnt mean to." He added. Vaera looked between them confused before babbling and touching her tummy.

"I think shes hungry," viserys countered. Aegon strut off.

"Cookies it is!" Aegon agreed. Vaera liked that word. Vaera stared back at her wiggling in viserys arms. Viserys chuckled as vaera crawled after aegon. Oh how vaera loved her older siblings they were such big kids.

"She's a little thing, your grace." Gwayne remarked. Avalon aas glad alicents brother stopped by for a visit. She knew alicent wanted to be closer with her brothers.

"Vaera." Viserys agreed.

Vaera reached out giving gwaynes beard a tug. Viserys eyes went wide reaching for Vaera but gwayne laughed out.

"Oh she is precious, your grace." Jaehaerys assured. Viserys choked out a laugh as Vaera continued to play with gwaynes hair and beard.

"I'm so glad you think so. She is quite wonderful." Alicent agreed.

"Strong too." Gwayne added as vaera gave another tug.

"Sorry." Avalon swatted at Viserys to grab Vaera.

"She's in her grab everything phase." Viserys agreed.

"Shes precious." Gwayne assured.

"Still no baby for you? Father hasnt conned you into marriage yet?"

"Never if I can avoid it." Gwayne agreed.

Vaera was bored as they waited for the games to start. Rhaenyra rolled her eyes crossing her arms tightly over her chest. This was so stupid. This was a kind gesture for the knights to show their support to avalon and her heirs. Vaera pouted clearly not having fun, avalon gave her cookie to keep her quiet, she sucked on it, eyes wide as harwin moved towards them. Avalon selfishly hoped daemon would come.

"I would like to request your favor princess." Harwin remarked smiling up at rhaenyra.

Helaena played with her dress sleeves while Vaera perched in Viserys arm. Viserys shifted Vaera in his arm smiling down at her

"Let the games begin!"