34. Burn It

"Avalon," viserys knew avalon didnt want to wed yet but that didnt stop him from putting some distance between his Avalon and Brandon stark. "Come we have being brought out."

"Come on Brandon you can tell me more about your wolves over cake." Avalon agreed shifting cregan in her arms. "You hungry?" Avalon questioned. Cregan nodded into her. "You like cake?" He nodded again. "Of course you do." Avalon agreed.

"You are going to be a great mother one day." Brandon remarked. Avalon smiled back at him.

"Avalon will be. She is wonderful with Aegon." Alicent added.

"And cregan already loves her." Rickard gave avalons arm a squeeze. "Makes me think she should be a Stark." He winked dramatically.

"I agree." Brandon encouraged.

Alicent and viserys watched Avalon pass in a blur. How she soun around flittering from one person to the next.

Alicents eyes followed avalon as she scooped aegon up making her exit with Aegon, Rickard and little cregan.

"Brandon will move on." Avalon assured.

"But I wont." Rickard countered. "Avalon its been a lifelong dream to get you into the family one way or another."

"Oh Rickard, you charmer." Avalon giggled out.

Rickard smiled as avalon put cregan to bed kissing him goodnight. Viserys saw rickard in the hallway leaning on the door and approached.

"Shes... such a remarkable woman." Rickard remarked. "I hope Brandon and her can get on again. I would love to have avalon as a sister."

"Shes a great sister but her place is in the capital." Viserys reminded him.

"Oh yes I know." Rickard agreed. "Has she gotten many marriage offers?"

"Endless offers." Viserys agreed. "But I... for the most part will let Avalon decide when the time comes."

"What a good brother you are." Rickard agreed. "If you need a formal proposal written up for Brandon, I would be glad to submit on his behalf." 

"I will put it with the others." Viserys agreed, in a blazing fire.

Avalon loved having everyone here at the capital. Aegon thought Cregan was the coolest little boy ever, he would talk and walk and run. Wow. Cregan was like a superhero. 

They stayed a moon and Alicent and Viserys were eager to be rid of the starks. Rid of them all really. Avalon was too sweet to tell people to leave but she honestly didnt want Rickard to go but it was almost a moons journey back. Cregan cried out for Avalon when they headed out, he reached out for her and Avalon wanted to cry having bonded so easily with the little boy. 

"Brandon asked about a letter? If I read it over?" Avalon questioned after they headed off. 

"Oh, yes on a pile on Ottos desk no doubt, with everyone here, he has been over worked, I gave him the weekend off to relax." Viserys remarked. "We will find it next week." 

"Okay." Avalon agreed easily. she was too trusting too. Right now it was working in Viserys favor but it would not be good forever. What if she trusted a liar? A pathological liar like their brother? Like viserys had done so many times before. What if she-

"Viserys?" Avalon questioned, big beautiful eyes staring back at him pulling him from his racing mind. Thats why they had councils to help with these things. Help the king or queen with what they didnt know. The best trait a ruler could have was wisdom to know what they know and what they dont. Wisdom was something Avlaon did have. 

"Yes my love?"

"Are you alright?" Avalon questioned. 

"Fine as a fiddle." Viserys assured. 

"Okay." Avalon agreed not believing him entirely. "I miss Cregan already I'm going to wake Aegon up from his nap and snuggle him." She decided running off.