29. Stop Crying

"I remember when you were born." Avalon remarked fondly. "I thought will this girl ever stop crying? Why is she so mad?"

"Shut up!" Rhaenyra laughed back.

"It's true. I was concerned about you."

~

When Aemma gave birth Avalon was confident she never wanted to get married or kiss a boy because Aemma screamed endlessly.

Avalon brought her book into the caves with Mouse and Caraxes to read by the firelight, it was the only place she could find some peace and quiet.

But then Rhaenyra was born and she shouted and cried and Avalon was very confused.

"Are all babies like this?" Avalon asked covering her ears with her hands.

"You were perfect. Daemon was a terror." Viserys informed her.

"Why is she so mad?" Avalon asked.

"She's not mad love, well... I don't think so." Viserys remarked. "She can't talk yet and you see crying is how she lets us know that she wants something."

"What does she want? How do you know? I couldnt snap when I was that little." Avalon remarked. "So she cant play Daemon and my game."

"We just have to figure it out." Viserys corrected.

"That seems hard." Avalon declared.

"It can be, but we have help and I hope you will be a helper too." Viserys offered.

"Maybe when she is bigger she can ride with me." Avalon declared. "Oh, I can take her to see Mouse so she's not scared like Aemma was." Avalon offered.

"Maybe when shes a bit bigger before she meets mouse." Viserys corrected grabbing Avalon's hand to keep her from running down the hall to get Mouse.

"Just a little bit bigger?" Avalon countered.

"Do you want to hold her?"

"Did her egg hatch?" Avalon offered instead. "I would love another baby dragon."

"No, not yet. You picked a nice one though." Viserys remarked.

"Daemon helped me, we spent forever down there." Avalon remarked. "I asked Mouse to give me an egg but Daemon said boys dont do that."

"That's right." Viserys agreed as they walked her hand in his.

"WHy not? Mouse would make really cute babies." Avalon remarked. "I need to find him a girl dragon to kiss."

"Perhaps." Viserys agreed with a chuckle.

"Silverwing, she is on dragonstone. Daemon and I are going to go on a dragon hunt!" Avalon exclaimed jumping up and down but Viserys was already shaking his head.

"No, no, no my love." Viserys begged dropping down a knee in front of her.

"Yes, yes, Daemon promised." Avalon corrected.

"The wild dragons are wild for a reason my love." Viserys reminded her. "Wild dragons are dangerous. I don't want you looking for them. You understand me. I don't want you to get hurt." Avalon stared back at him a long moment before bringing her little hand to his cheek.

"I understand, I wont go looking for dragons.... but if they come looking for me, thats a completely different story."

"Avalon!"

"I am agreeing with you."

~

"Remind you, I was a kid myself." Avalon reminded a laughing Rhaenyra.