19. Live for Danger

Delicate / Jaime Lannister out now!

"Otto. A word." Viserys demanded and Otto forced a smile as he followed Viserys. "You have been heard spreading rumors." Viserys remarked and Otto froze, surely he didn't know that Alicent was trying to seduce him, surely, they had been discreet.

"I don't know what you mean, your grace." Otto said innocently.

"Avalon." Viserys told him and Otto sighed.

"I'm sorry your grace, I just... with your own pending engagements I thought it best if suitors were brought forward for the princess as well. I spoke with you about it and thought-"

"You thought wrong. It is not your job to worry about my sister." Viserys reminded him.

"Of course, i was just trying to help I know how much pressure you are under and wanted to take something off your plate." otto offered kindly.

"Do not speak or do anything regarding my Avalon." VIserys warned. "She is my responsibility, I will find her the right match, when the time comes."

"Of course, forgive me."

+

'The Small Council is urging me to remarry. It seems the realm wants for a new queen." Viserys told Alicent, he figured Otto sent her today to try and patch things up because things were tense after he confronted him about Avalon.

"A good and kind queen will give comfort to your subjects." Alicent offered. "Does the Small Council have a particular lady in mind?'

"Uh..." Viserys said awkwardly. "Lord Corlys Velaryon has offered the hand of his daughter, the Lady Laena."

"A very strong match, Your Grace." Alicent agreed.

"I must admit, I, I don't know Laena very well." Viserys admitted.

"I'm sure that she is good and kind, and that she will enjoy your company, as I have, Your Grace." Alicent told him kindly, her father would not be happy about that but she was glad to no longer be an option. Then she looked down remembering the gift from her father to give to the king. "I brought you something. I asked the stonemasons to mend it."

"This is, um, a very kind gesture, Alicent." Viserys remarked. 'Very kind.' He said looking over the chest inside revealed a little dragon statue. He ran his hands along the dragon when a knock rapped on the door. 'Come.'

'The Hand, Your Grace.' Harrold told him closing the door as Otto walked in.

'Your Grace, I've called the Small Council to an emergency session.' Otto said looking down at his daughter.

"Why?" Viserys questioned.

"I think it best you hear it directly." Otto told him.

"Very well." Viserys agreed as they headed out.

Avalon sat picking at a hangnail when Viserys came in she didn't move from his seat at the council table. He came up behind her resting his hands on her shoulders.

'Well?" he urged Avalon dropped her hands to her lap giving the council her attention. They hesitated as the king stood behind his sister. "Go on.' Viserys told them.

'It's Daemon.'

'The Prince left a missive, which I believe might explain.' He cleared his through reading the scroll "It is the pleasure of Daemon Targaryen, the Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne, to announce that he is to take a second wife in the tradition of Old Valyria. She is to assume the title Lady Mysaria of Dragonstone. Her Grace is with child and is to have a dragon's egg placed in the babe's cradle in the custom of House Targaryen." Viserys jaw clenched as fists gripped Avalons shoulders tighter she reached a hand up grabbing his hand.

"The Prince has invited you to his wedding, Your Grace. It is in two days' time."

"Gods be good. Who is Lady Mysaria?" Viserys muttered

"We believe..." Mellos said slowly looking around the group.

"Daemon's whοre." Otto spoke up

'This is nothing less than sedition.'

'I strongly agree, sire.' Otto told him.

"My brother wishes to provoke me. To answer is to give him what he wants." Viserys remarked his hand fisting, needing to punch something.

"The realm is watching, Your Grace."

"What would you have me do? Send him to the Wall? Perhaps I could put his head on a spike." Viserys mused.

"I will talk to Daemon.' Avalon suggested getting up but Viserys kept her put.

"I don't need you getting hurt.' Viserys told her.

"Daemon has seized Dragonstone, has surrounded himself with an army of gold cloaks, and has now stolen a dangerous weapon..." Otto told him.

'Assemble a detachment, Otto. I will go to Dragonstone and drag Daemon back to face justice myself.' Viserys told him.

'Your Grace. My apologies, Your Grace, but I cannot allow it. It's too dangerous.' Mellos told him.

'Daemon is without limit.'

'Let me go to Dragonstone.' Avalon offered.

"Avalon it is dangerous. I forbid it." Viserys warned

"Sitting on your throne is dangerous." Avalon countered softly. "I requested it be cleaned as well. We are dragons." Avalon reminded him kissing his cheek. "We live for danger."

"I don't." Viserys corrected. "And i would die if you got hurt over this."

+

'You're the most comely girl at court. Why do you destroy yourself? Hm?" Otto questioned grabbing his daughters hand to stop her from destroying her nails. 'Will you see the King tonight?'

'If you wish it.' Alicent agreed. 'Good day, Ser Criston.' Avalon was on the way to get Mouse when she saw Alicent and Otto talking in hushed voices, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was off about otto. First trying to find her a match with a stranger and alicents little worried face. but she had Daemon to worry about now.

'My Lady. I've assembled 20 of your best household guards, my Lord Hand. Sir Harrold will also join us.' Cole told them as Alicent tried to act natural and calm but she was failing she was a mess of nerves.

'Please look after the Hand, Ser Criston.' Alicent said as she headed out.

"Alicent-" she jumped until she saw who it was.

"Hello Avalon."

"Whats wrong?" Avalon coed bringing a gentle hand to Alicents cheek.

"Nothing. Im fine." Alicent assured and avalon sighed shaking her head.

"Sweet girl I dont have time for lies. I need to deal with Daemon." Avalon remarked. Alicent opened her mouth to lie again and say Im not lying but Avalon pressed a gentle kiss to her hand. "How about you and I talk later?" Alicent nodded. Satisfied, Avalon turned and headed to the pits.