80. Useless. Pointless

Hey Stephen / Larys Strong out now!

The meeting was useless and pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

Rhaenyra spoke up, souring the mood even more and then lyonel offered some news that alicent and viserys both turned their noses up at. For completely different reasons.

Take Harwin back home  he could rule, and be lord of herrenhal. Lyonel would take a small absence before he returned.  Viserys didnt want lyonel to leave. Alicent wanted her father back his hand of the king she didn't want lyonel to return.

It seemed that today was just an overall bad day, and Avalon wished she could erase all of it from her mind or perhaps have a do over day where they could go back and just fix everything.

She was walking back from viserys chambers she was going to check on the children but her head was clouded .  Alicent grumbling to herself before saying she was going to check on criston.

Larys had been walking the hall strategically when he stumbled across Avalon at least it seemed like it was an unintentional mere Coincidence.

"Hello Larys." Avalon whispered.

"Are you alright, your grace?"

"Your brother is leaving and... I feel conflicted because he has been a part of our lives for so long but I dont trust him."

"You are worried he will come back and do something stupid?" Larys pondered.

"No, he- when I told him how scared vaera was he seemed truly regretful of his actions." Avalon countered. "It's more Rhaenyra I can't deal with. Harwin has a conscious. Rhaenyra has seemed to lost hers along the way. and I dont mean to sound rude but your father tells Viserys what he wants to hear, not the truth and thats... getting in the way of business... i know Alicent wants her father back, he was on her side and a pain in the ass at the same time." Avalon countered. "I just dont know what the future holds and it scares me." Larys leaned back on his cane nodding. "I feel better already." Avalon realized.

"Thank you, for talking to me, your grace. Sometimes just opening up to an unbiased ear can help." Larys offered.

"You are very right." Avalon agreed. "I should get to checking on the kids."

"Of course." Larys agreed. " it is always a pleasure talking to you." Avalon smiled back at him.

"You as well, lord larys."

Avalon was restless that night. Alicent came into our chambers, writing a letter to her father before fall asleep, so many angry emotions flooding her. Avalon wasn't angry however, she reached over stroking alicents arm gently above the blankets. She was confused and frustrated at how everything had turned sideways.

When they walk in the morning, Avalon felt like she hadn't slept at all. Her head hurt, and her body was sore and yet her mind was still wired. Her eyes were dry and her throat was sore. Larys seemed to know everything before the rest of the world did things he shouldn't possibly know, but he came knocking at Avalon's door with some tea that morning and some candy ginger.

" you had a stressful day yesterday." he remarked simply, and she took the teacup from him breathing in the steam. " I figured you might need a bit of a jumpstart for today. I brewed it myself."

" thank you, you are really the sweetest. And so smart." Avalon took a sip and she felt her mind Relax.

''Be good to your mother, lads. I'll visit when I can. But that may be some time.'' Harwin remarked looking down at the boys. ''Jace. I will return... I promise.'' Harwin looked between them, jace was too sad to speak. ''I will be a stranger when we meet again.'' Harwin realized softly as Harwin hugged Jace goodbye.  ''Princess.'' Harwin whispered as he headed out.

" I heard your brother is leaving today..." Avalon remarked

" Yes, he will do better farther away. We all know it." Larys countered nonchalantly. " I just hope his absence will bring some peace to the capital and give you some peace of mind. You deserve that much after everything the princess has put you in the King through. I hate that my brother was a part of it."

" your brother could've been more noble like yourself." Avalon added. " thank you for the tea."

''We will exchange letters by raven. Won't that be fun?'' Rhaenyra questioned as they watched Harwin leave.

''Is Harwin Strong my father? Am I a bastard?' Jace questioned looking up at her.

''You are a Targaryen. That's all that matters.''

''A word?''

''I take it he's gone.''

''We're finished here. We're leaving.'' Rhaenyra demanded

''What of your offer? Jace and Helaena?'' Laenor countered. " I thought you wanted to try and mend bridges. She would be the lady of driftmark one day..."

''I have been undermined... and made a spectacle. They whisper about me in the corridors. Well, I leave them to it.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''To Dragonstone then?'' Laenor offered. "Or perhaps driftmark?"

''We should've left years ago.'' Rhaenyra admitted.

" Oh good, you're looking better."

" are you saying I looked bad?" Avalon counted as she got alyssa ready.

" nonsense don't put words in my mouth you always perfect. You just looked a little...." Alicent offered.

" larys brought me some lovely tea and I'm feeling much better much more alive. Thank you very much ." Avalon agreed

"Lord larys?" Alicent countered.

"Yes I was speaking with Lord larys yesterday as well. He's a sweet man."

" you think?"

" you don't?" Avalon countered. " he's always helpful and he always seems to know what I need before I need it's amazing really."

" that's because he is the master of whispers, and he seems to have eyes in the walls."

" if that were true, then he would know about you and I." Avalon countered giving her a kiss.

" or maybe he does and he doesn't care. Or hes waiting to use to his advantage." Alicent offered.

''What of your position?'' Laenor countered ''You've always said if you were absent from court, she would pour her honey in your father's ear."

"The wise sailor flees the storm as it gathers.'' Rhaenyra offered she glanced back at Qarl. ''Laenor... bring him. We'll need every sword we can muster.''

Rhaenyra loved Harwin. But Love is a downfall.