40. My Side

"I love a good party!" Avalon declared. "I got Aegon- Rhaenyra where are you going?"

"I'm not partaking in this." Rhaenyra corrected. Avalon grabbed her arm.

"Yes you are, this your little brother." Avalon corrected.

"He's a monster." Rhaenyra corrected.

"He is not. If I ever get married and have children will you call them  monsters?" Avalon pondered.

"I suppose it depends on who you marry." Rhaenyra countered and Avalon debated that.

"Good point." Avalon settled on. "But you will participate-"

"I will not." Rhaenyra barked marching off.

'He has your hair, Your Grace.'

'He does have my hair.' Viserys agreed, targaryen's and their silver hair, unmistakable.

'He has your eyes, Your Grace.'

'Yes, he does.' Viserys agreed. 'And you have my nose, don't you?'

'Two years old and already our boy has a kingly presence.' Hobert Hightower remarked.

"You should come in." Avalon insisted.

"You should stay away with me." Rhaenyra countered.

"I need food." Avalon corrected. "And alicent and viserys need us."

'He may yet, brother, but this morning he insisted on eating porridge with his hands.' Otto mused.

'He will grow. We're quite a party assembled in his honor. And surely by the end of this hunt, we shall have more to celebrate.'

'And what is that, pray tell.' Otto questioned.

''It is Aegon's second name day. His infancy's behind him. It only remains for Viserys to name him heir to the throne.' Hobert decided.

''I wouldn't be so sure.' Otto told him stiffly.

'He's the King's firstborn son.'' Hobert remarked.

'I don't know that His Grace sees it so clearly.' Otto remarked

'Then it lies with you to make him see it... Lord Hand.''

"Quite the selection you have my dearest." Viserys remarked looking Avalon's plate.

"I'm hungry." Avalon agreed as he kissed her cheek.

"You know we have a second party-" Viserys remarked. "Dont fill up just yet."

"I may look little but I think sometimes i have a second stomach for cake." Avalon assured. Viserys laughed out as Tyland approached.

'Your Grace... I bring urgent news from the Stepstones.' Tyland Lannister said coming forward and putting a halt to the festivities. 'The Crabfeeder has dug in for siege on Bloodstone while his men sabotage our fleet under the cover of dark.

'Not today, Tyland.' Viserys urged. Avalon shoveled some fruit salad on top of everything and headed outside.

'The matter of the Stepstones is regrettably urgent.' Tyland assured.

'It's been three years. It can wait another three days.' Viserys said calmly. 'Come, eat. Fortify yourselves for the journey. Please.' Viserys said gesturing to the feast. 'Is the baggage train ready?' Viserys whispered.

'It is presently massing at the River Gate. Lord Jason expects us in the Kings wood before midday.'' Tyland agreed with a heavy sigh.

''Have you seen Rhaenyra?' Viserys questioned looking around.