75. Vision

"What is on your face Vaera?"

"Beauty." She answered.

"Get that gunk off your face." Viserys corrected. Vaera rolled her eyes walking off, Viserys chuckled turning around but his vision got blurry and then everything went dark, the last thing he heard was Vaera running back to his side calling out his name. 

"Daddy, daddy, wake up daddy! I didnt mean to-" But her words drifted off and the feeling of him shaking her faded. 

~

"Hello Avalon." Jaehaerys said as they approached. "As pretty as your mother." he remarked.

"I never got to know my mother." Avalon informed him softly as she leaned into Viserys legs.

"Well she was beautiful and adored her elder brother too." Jaehaerys informed her. "I see you boys are taking great care of the littlest addition."

"Yes your grace." They echoed.

"Come, come now, time to celebrate a special little girls name day." Jaehaerys remarked.

"Hello boys... Avalon." Baelon remarked as they made their way into the gardens.

"Father," Daemon answered bitterly as he scooped Avalon up.

"Hello father," Viserys replied softly.

"I am sorry lad," Baelon offered. "I pray when you wed you never lose your wife. It is... overwhelming. The pain I feel, the loss, your mother will never be replaced."

"Avalon is not trying to replace anyone." Viserys corrected. "She is a little light, sweet like mother, why don't you see that?"

"I see so much of Alyssa in Avalon, it hurts Viserys, it hurts." Baelon corrected. "I'm sorry."

"Vis!" Avalon called back peering over Daemon's shoulder. "Come on!"

"Hello Viserys." Aemma said curtseying before him.

"Aemma, so glad you could come." Viserys agreed kissing her cheek.

"Avalon looks happy," Aemma remarked.

"She is." Viserys agreed.

But he couldnt help but glance back at his father. Seeing his frail state. His sunken eyes. Hair thinning. It had seemed that losing alyssa had been soo much to bear. He was fading before their eyes.

Viserys hadnt minded waiting to marry Aemma she was a few years younger than himself but she was sweet and pretty.

"Vis!" Avalon declared again.

"Best not keep the name day girl waiting." Aemma agreed.

Avalon was fast asleep in Viserys arms when the party came to an end. After much cake and running around with her new toys. Dancing around with Daemon and singing with Viserus she had pulled herself up into Viserys lap and crashed.

"Do stay here tonight boys." Jaehaerys requested. "Beds are being made and you can break your fasts with us in the morrow."

"Avalon likes to tuck her stuffed animals in and kiss them in the morning." Daemon corrected. "We should head home."

"I think her plushies will survive." Viserys countered. "Besides avalon is fast asleep already."

"Fine." Daemon grumbled. He loved his mother but his father was not his favorite person and Daemon would rather be at home than here.

Daemon shut his door and Viserys tried to removed Avalons arms from around him but her eyes popped open and she stared back at him.

"Go back to bed love." Viserys coed.

"Vis my plushies are never going to fall asleep." Avalon corrected. "They are going to be very grouchy in the morrow when we get home." She informed him seriously.

"What about the new plushies you got?" Viserys countered grabbing one from the end of the bed. "You can tuck them in and apologize to the others- actually I will apologize to the others when we get home." Avalon nodded clutching her toy to her. "Goodnight my little Avalon." Viserys whispered blowing out the candles but Avalon grabbed his hand

"You have to stay." Avalon corrected.

"My room is right next door and Daemon is right on the other side." Viserys pointed at the walls where his room was and where Daemon was sleeping already.

"No. You stay here." Avalon corrected moving over on the bed and she pat the spot next to her. "Right here."

"Right there?"

"Right here." Avalon repeated.

"Did you have fun today Avalon?" Viserys whispered laying down beside her.

"So much fun." Avalon agreed. "But you stay here all night. If you are gone in the morning Im going to be mad at you." Avalon informed him.

"I will stay right here. Never going to leave you." Viserys assured. "You and me love. Forever and always."

~

"Never going to leave you." Viserys whispered. Viserys blinked back at Avalon and half expected the little girl from the memory to be laying beside him but it was his avalon, his wife.  She shot up when she felt him move, heard him rasp out unheard words.

"Viserys!" Avalon demanded. 

"Hello love-"

"You scared me!" Avalon demanded slapping at his arm. 

"Ow," Viserys countered. "What did I do? I stayed the whole night, you can't be mad at me."

"What are you talking about?" Avalon countered. "MAESTER!" She shouted back. 

"What are you talking about?" He blinked away the dream. 

"You collapsed and scared Vaera to death!" Avalon shouted. 

"Last thing I... what was on her face?" Viserys questioned. 

"Heavens," Avalon held him tight. "You can't leave me viserys." Avalon begged. "Vaera was horrified, cried herself to sleep before I had Ser Criston bring her back to her room while the maesters tended to you."

"Is he up yet?" Vaera whispered rubbing at her eyes. "DADDY!" She shouted running to the bed and jumping up. "I didnt kill you!"

"No, sweet girl." Viserys agreed holding her tight. 

"I will never put gunk on my face again, I promise." Vaera assured kissing his cheek as she collided with him. 

"Have you eaten today Viserys?" Avalon questioned. "The maesters said they thought it was dehydration... you needed food..."

"We had an early morning meeting and the treatment they did last night..."

"It didnt work, it made you feel worse." Avalon realized. 

"We will try something new, I'm not giving up." Viserys assured. "I need my girls. My Avalon... my vaera."

"We need you. No dying on us."