55. Spinning

Cowboy like me / Aemond Targaryen / Mitch Rapp out now!

Avalon was spinning around with Aegon when Daemon finally made an appearance, her gaze shifted to him, as he headed to the front table. He winked at her when he saw her. Avalon ran up and Daemon's smile widened. 

"Avalon..." Daemon cooed.

"Hello Daemon." Avalon said softly as he kissed her cheek.

"So beautiful as always, my little Avalon." Daemon whispered against her ear.

"I'm glad you could make it." Avalon told him swallowing back the butterflies Daemon so easily gave her.

''In the Vale, men are made to answer for their crimes. Even Targaryens.'' Greold said stiffly coming up to Daemon

''Who are you?'' Daemon questioned looking him over as he took his seat next to Avalon. His hand stroked over her thigh, she leaned into him. 

"What did you do?" Avalon murmured. 

"My glass is empty? And where is the cake? Avalon love, can you get me some?" Daemon questioned instead. 

"I suppose since you dont want me here for your salty language to come." Avalon realized. Daemon winked back at her. She didnt get him more wine or cake. She moved to Harwin and he beamed down at her. 

Viserys knew that Harwin and Avalon had always been friendly but seeing her with another man as handsome and tall as Harwin made him self conscious, made him worry about the future, about losing his Avalon. 

But luckily Aegon was needy and needy for Avalon and ran up colliding with Avalon's legs, she excused herself from Harwin and he let her go as she scooped up aegon once again. Aegon bopped his head to the music. 

Viserys watched as Avalon spun Aegon around, Aegon had the biggest of smiles on his face. Avalon looked as gorgeous as ever and Viserys still found it hard to believe that Avalon didnt want to get married, didnt find a man and settle down because she was the sweetest. But he was glad he could hold her focus a while longer. 

"You promised me a dance." Alicent remarked kissing Aegon's head as she held onto Avalon's free hand.

"Thats right," Avalon agreed twisting her hips in her hands.

''They make a handsome match, don't they?''

''What?'' Criston questioned turning to Joffrey.

''Well, the Princess and Ser Laenor.'' Joffrey told him smugly. ''Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, or the Knight of Kisses, they call me, though I don't know why.'' He introduced.

'' I'm on watch. What's your business?''

''You don't know me, Ser Criston. But we are both deeply invested in this union.''

''If you have something to say, Ser Joffrey, speak it.'' Criston hissed

''Ser Laenor is quite dear to me. As I know... the Princess is to you. We should swear to each other to guard them, and their secrets, because if those are kept safe... then so are we all'' Joffrey told him.

'Can I cut in?" Daemon questioned picking Avalon up and spinning her into his arms, Alicent nodded taking Aegon and moving back up to the head table. Rhaenyra glanced around the room noticing Daemon. Rhaenyra's heart sank as Daemon held Avalon to him, pulled her in close. Rhaenyra sighed but Harwin was quick to step in, offering his hand. Rhaenyra smiled softly back at him . Daemons gaze fixated on Avalon when screams rang out.

"What in the Seven Hells is going on?"

Daemon held tight to Avalon moving her away from the fighting, she held tight to him as everyone tried to get away from Criston and Joffrey. Aegon screamed from the front, Alicent tried her best to soothe him. 

"Stop this!" Corlys demanded

''Where's Rhaenyra?'' Viserys shouted.

''Princess?'' Harwin shouted. Rhaenyra was carried away from the madness and all went quiet as Criston got up marching away. 

"Avalon stay put." Daemon instructed, Viserys was glad that Daemon was also so protective over their baby sister. Laenor looked at his lover dead on the floor he crawled over to him his head bashed in blood seeping around him he cried out.

''Put me down!'' Rhaenyra declared as Harwin carried her over his shoulder leading her away.

"Maybe we postpone." Avalon offered. "It's not a good start to a union." 

"Best to just get it over with." Rhaenyra grumbled. 

"Surely we could wait a day, the boy was a friend of Laenors, he lost his friend, he needs time-" Avalon countered. 

"Our fathers want it done." Rhaenyra corrected stiffly. 

"Sorry," Avalon whispered. "I just wanted to help. I see I am not doing that..." Avalon walked off moving to Alicent's side. She grabbed Viserys hand and he looked a bit pale. "You alright Vis?"

"i'm... I just want to get this over with. Then we can go to bed and start fresh in the morning." Viserys assured trying to hide his unease. 

"The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one." The high septon began. ''Father... Mother... Warrior... Smith... Maiden... Crone... Stranger. Hear now their vows.'' Rhaenyra stared across at a weepy Laenor, for he had just lost the true love of his life. 

Avalon didnt say a word as she tipped her head into Alicent, watching what was supposed to be a grand union turn sour. 

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Laenor said sadly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips. Avalon reached out a hand and held onto Viserys had she felt him swaying slightly as the septon spoke, she looked back at him and saw he looked more pale than just a moment ago, she brought a hand to his cheek and his was clammy to the touch.

"Vis-"

"I'm alright," he whispered leaning heavily on her as he took deep labored breaths.

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them.

"Viserys!" Avalon cried out dropping next to him. "Get Mellos!" she demanded. "Viserys! Viserys!" she shook him gently but he didn't respond. "Viserys!"