Now You See Me

"You know, Zoro, you could become a comedian with the expertise you have. But seriously, that was hilarious as hell. 'You aren't a father, you're a monster'." Kura mocked Zoro's shouting, still stifling a laugh.

"That was the funniest thing I've ever heard! I think you should audition for 'The Sound Of Music' remake. And you did all of that for Mom? That piece of trash? That's just so hilarious!" Kura had to hold his stomach to stop him from laughing. Zoro was going to lose it if Kura said so much more than another insult about his mother. He tensed his muscles. He flared his nostrils. These partitions were all done to stop Zoro from killing Kura where he sat at that instant.

"Our mom was basically a good - for - nothing old hag that-" Kura was cut off as Zoro lept on top of him, a knife in his hand, ready to pierce his brother's guts and rid him of his life. Zoro was about to bring the knife down, when-

Bang!

The door to the dining room a opened and gave Zoro a full scale view of Monkey. D. Luffy and the rest of the Straw Hats.

"Are you serious?" Zoro mentally facepalmed.

-

The Straw Hats weren't expecting to find their very own first mate about to plunge a knife into his own brother's throat. 

They really weren't.

It was already confusing enough for Zoro that they had just rushed into him about to commit homicide, but it was even more embarrassing for Zoro to know why they were even here. Sure, he knew that Luffy would come for him; he never left a crew member behind, but this timing? This scene? Right now? 

"This is just a coincidence." Zoro calmly thought. He then looked at them as if they had a 

"Hey, Zoro! Why'd you leave?! What's even going on here? Why is your bounty now so high? God, I have so many questions for you!" Luffy screamed. He advanced forwards to Zoro, but Sanji put a hand out to stop him.

"Sanji, why'd you-" Luffy was stopped mid - sentence by Sanji as he brought out a cigarette.

"Luffy, I think we've interrupted a situation, here." Sanji calmly spoke. Luffy then looked at Kura, sprawled on the floor. Then he looked up to Zoro, who was giving him a 'get out of this house look'. Then he looked to the brothers around Zoro who were confused but also scared on the same side. And again. And again. And again. 

And Again.

He kept repeating this motion until he finally got wind of what was happening.

"I see now."

"It took him long enough." The three brothers around Zoro thought.

"Put them in shackles." Zoro commanded out of the blue, pointing towards the Straw Hats.

"Wh-what? Zoro, did I hear you properly? Who are you talking to?" Usopp stared at Zoro with his chuckles resonating lower and softer. Suddenly, before the Straw Hats knew it, Kuina was behind all of them, putting seastone cuffs to their wrists. Luffy, Robin, Brook, and Chopper all slumped to the ground.

"How did she even get those cuffs? Well, I guess it's standard for a Navy Admiral." Zoro thought.

Kura tried to move away from Zoro's grasp, but he managed to get as far as nowhere, as Zoro punched his jaw, successfully knocking his brother out. Sanji, who was really regretting the choice he made to hold Luffy back, advanced to kick Zoro and escape with him. It should have been easier because Zoro was sitting down and putting his pressure on his brother, but Zoro had the strength and capability to reach for his swords AND use them against Sanji. The non - devil fruit users in the Straw Hats were fighting against Kuina to try and get the keys for the seastone cuffs, but they were dealing with a navy admiral. It was not easy. Apparently, Kuina had been well taught in the mastery of Rokushiki and Muay Thai. She also had extreme reflexes. 

Suke, Ruto and Joben were just watching the fights going on. Nami and Usopp were down for the count, courtesy of Kuina. Sanji, and now Franky who had joined the fight, were trying to hold their own against Zoro, but they had never seen the swordsman use this much power before. 

The sword he took out was, of course, his Maito Enma. But Zoro was competing with Franky AND Sanji.

"One - Sword Style: Shishi Sonson!" Zoro exclaimed as he pelted forward in a daze and shanked Franky's elbow. Franky then proceeded to faint. He was running on steam with his cola usage, and he had almost no more blood left.

"Franky!" Sanji exclaimed.

"Kuina, get a bandage for Franky, make sure he doesn't die." Zoro pointed to a first - aid kit next to the spiralling staircase.

"You stupid marimo! What do you think you're doing?" Sanji exclaimed, the only one left standing.

"Sanji, if you want to live, I suggest you stand down and don't try to attack." Zoro slowly commented. Sanji had so much fury for the marimo in front of him, steam was pouring out of his ears. He wanted to fight the mosshead so badly for leaving and hurting the people that tried to take him, but...he just couldn't. He put his hands up for surrender and he was then taken to a cell where his other crew members were put in as well. Zoro walked towards him slowly and chucked a key into Sanji's pocket, without anyone noticing what had happened. 

"Good luck, Sanji." Zoro muttered, before he hit Sanji once on the neck and then seemingly knocked him out. Sanji could have sworn that Zoro had winked at him.

To recap all of that, the Straw Hats had come into the Shimotsuki Palace to find their missing crew member and take him back, but he then refused in a force of action and they were then put into a jail cell.

Nice.

-

"So, Zoro, what just happened?" Ruto asked.

"Yeah, are those your crew members?" Suke then questioned. Joben was just silent. Zoro was about to kill Kura, but the Straw Hats barged in and then they proceeded to get their butts handed to them. Zoro didn't answer any of his brothers. Once the Straw Hats were gone, his attention was now turned to his brother, motionless on the floor.

"Zoro, are you ACTUALLY going to kill him?" Joben nervously asked. The two other brothers changed their expressions from excited to distraught. Zoro was about to kill Kura, but the Straw Hats then interfered?

Oh. Okay.

"Zoro, think twice about what you're abou-" Ruto was cut off by the sound of a slashing sound next to him as blood splattered over his eyes. He looked down to see that Zoro had thrust a knife into his brother's chest.

"Zoro...why would you do that?" Suke added.

"Why the hell do you think?" Zoro responded darkly. This caused the three brothers to freeze in fear. 

"He trash - talked Mom. That's a sin that nobody should be able to commit." Zoro silently walked away from his plate of macaroni and cheese, up to the billboard that held wanted posters in the Shimotsuki family. He then proceeded to rip off all of Kura's wanted posters and cut them into pieces.

"Zoro! Stop right now!" Ruto screamed. But Zoro retaliated by drawing his Kitetsu and pointing it at the three of them.

"I'm only here to protect Joben. Don't forget that. I'm not suddenly a part of your family." As he sheathed his sword and walked out of the palace into the training yards.