Luck

"You see, Zoro? This is what I was talking about; pirates only move one way, and that's backwards. This pirate captain is supposed to be a Yonko, but yet he cannot manage to get a hit off me, more so to even try and touch me!" Kashi exclaimed.

"You need to believe me here, I-" He was interrupted by a sharp punch to his jaw as Luffy had gotten back up and pummeled him into a wall made of marble.

"And there it is." Zoro muttered.

"Hey! Stand down immediately!" Suke took provocative action in trying to reason with Luffy.

"Yeah, we don't want to hurt you. You only hurt Dad by chance!" Ruto explained. Luffy was breathing faster and heavier by the second.

"Luffy? Is something wrong?" The Straw Hats came over to check on their captain, who was looking pretty devilish at the moment. Luffy just stopped his heavy breathing and looked over to Kashi, where he was getting out of the rubble of the wall he had crashed into.

"Don't stop me...I'll finish him off. Nobody berates me and my family and expects to get away with it." Luffy commanded menacingly.

-

Zoro arrived back with his beer and a chair to watch all of the action unfolding in front of him. He sat at the very back of the throne room so he didn't get hit by anybody and kept a solid distance for a good view of fighting. He shifted his focus to Chopper, Robin and Nami against his brother, Ruto.

"Chopper, get his weak points! Then Robin can deal with him!" Nami screamed. Zoro quirked at this. This wasn't going to work, but Nami was impressive at thinking under high amounts of stress. She was the Straw Hats cornerstone. She was there if the Straw Hats went to a dead end. Although, this was not one of these times. 

Chopper changed back to his miniature form with his cute button eyes. He put his hooves up together to his nose and muttered.

"Brain Point!" Chopper scanned Ruto's body and found a weak point at the underside of Ruto's knees. He turned into a more nimble creature with his Jumping Point and ran quickly towards Ruto, making him stumble backwards a bit at which the speed Chopper was going at.

"Robin! Now, do it!" Chopper called out from behind him. In an instant, Robin crossed her arms with the palms all facing to the chandelier's stationed at the top of the ceiling.

"Clutch!" Robin exclaimed. Ruto was too focused on the apparent Chopper, who's Jumping Point was starting to wear out. But that was fine. That was all the time Robin needed as hands suddenly sprouted out of Ruto's elbows and pinned him to the ground with a hard push. Chopper then reverted back to his original form.

Ruto struggled to get out of Robin's lock, and that was the opportune time for Nami to strike. Nami jumped up towards Ruto and then brought down her Clima Tact. It made a deafening noise on Ruto's head, and resonated throughout the throne room. Ruto's skull was cracked, and he laid on the floor, defeated. Kashi saw this and grew extremely angry. He ran over to the throne of where the king was supposed to sit, flicked open a hatch and pressed a big red button underneath it.

An alarm rang out through the palace, and everybody inside the throne room looked towards Kashi.

"Did you actually do it?" Joben questioned with frightened looks from everybody else inside the room.

"Oh, no." Zoro muttered under his breath as he slapped himself internally.

Within seconds, hordes of guards piled into the room coming through the door, some of them wearing metallic armour.

"Attack the Straw Hat Pirates!" Kashi screamed. All warriors then attacked the Straw Hats, pretty viciously as well. Then something interesting happened. A warrior started maliciously laughing at Nami, Robin and Chopper. He had tears flowing out of his eyes. There was no mistaking it. 

This guard had eaten an actual SMILE fruit, and it had showed. 

Luffy was aghast with this. 

Nami dealt with the SMILE user quickly by hitting him on the head with her Clima Tact.

Zoro widened his eyes and pursed his lips. His nostrils flared up high; he looked like a bull who was about to go rampage on someone. He had no idea on how his father had a supply of SMILE devil fruits; only Doflamingo and Kaido had a supply of these. 

"Did Kashi do something to get these SMILE fruits from Caesar Clown? Did Doflamingo allow this? What did Kaido think of this deal?" Zoro wondered while his exterior was the opposite of his interior.

Luffy, on the other hand, was pissed. He was angry, he was irate, he was vexed, he was raging, he was anything that had to do with being mad. They had dealt with the SMILE situation back with Trafalgar Law when they were in Dressrosa. Now, Kashi had some more in stock that he had brought to Shimotsuki Palace.

"Straw Hat, if you're wondering about the SMILE fruits, I got lucky. That's the only SMILE fruit here. The rest got the Zoan - effects from the SMILE and now they all have boosted close - combat power. I say good - luck to you. This was all done with my Rakku - Rakku No Mi. It's the Luck - Luck Fruit. Everything I touch, I can insert any amount of luck into, whether it be a percentage or a fraction." Kashi explained.

All of the Straw Hats breathed a sigh of relief, at least not as many people as Dressrosa were affected by the SMILE fruit. But this wasn't time for flashbacks, they were fighting for their life now. In place for the half - dead Ruto, Zoan devil fruit users crowded around Nami, Chopper and Robin. A man changed into a Horse and another changed into a Cheetah with long hind legs.

Those two Zoan fruit reared their legs and pushed Chopper, Nami and Robin against each other and onto the wall. Joben had finished with Franky, Brook and Usopp and pushed them against the other three.

"Zoro, go help them! I know that you aren't part of the crew anymore, but the least you could do is go help them!" Luffy shouted out from his fight against Kashi. Zoro looked up from his beer bottle. Should he help them? His mother would say yes, but his mind and heart said 'No, don't bother. You finish your drink first and then we'll talk'.

"Sorry, Mom. I'm staying-" Zoro's train of thought was interrupted by Kashi.

"You're just like your mother, Zoro. She never had any guts to do what was right for herself, and that's how she then died a horrible death." Kashi blurted out, not realising what he had said properly.

It took a few seconds for Zoro to realise what Kashi had just said. He had to process the audacity of the statement he had just made. Zoro instantly crushed the bottle that he held. He stared at the floor. He stood up and walked silently towards Luffy and Kashi and rested his hand on Luffy's shoulder. 

"Go take care of the Devil Fruit users. I'll take it from here." Zoro muttered softly. Luffy silently smirked. He wasn't leaving.

"Nope! But I'll help you take him down. Deal?" 

"Tsk. Alright." Zoro whispered.

"Bring it o-"

"You are going to die, old man, you probably should have some different last words." Zoro stated with fury in his veins. Kashi just smirked. he hadn't had this much fun in a long time. He let out a full blast of his Conqueror's Haki and everybody but Zoro and Luffy slumped to the ground, ridding the playing field of the Devil Fruit users.

"Oops. I didn't mean to do that." Kashi snickered sarcastically. Luffy ran at him with his arm extended backwards.

"Gum-Gum..Red Hawk!" Luffy screamed, as his arm turned red and extended itself to become bigger and with more mass. He threw his (now huge) fist at Kashi, who widened his eyes and then coated himself in Armament Haki and took the brunt of the attack head on. Zoro unleashed his own round of Conqueror's Haki and kept Kashi at bay by making his 'father' use his own Conqueror's Haki, and this enabled Luffy to use his Ryou against Kashi as he then turned into his 4th Gear. Kashi then fell back in a heap. Luffy's Ryou felt like all of Kashi's guts had been spilled out and were now continuously being stabbed by a blunt sword.

It hurt.

He got up, using his Advanced Observation Haki to predict what was going to happen in the future.

He saw Luffy and Zoro, standing over the top of him. They were on the precipice of Shimotsuki Palace, overlooking the ocean, as Zoro was holding him by the waist on his shoulder and as he muttered a few words before he threw him into the ocean sea below.