Chapter 16_Rewards

Teehee~
Tadaima minna! ^_^
Sorry for the loooong wait! x3
Boy, I’ve so many ideas flowing in my head during the exams >.<
I hope I would be able convey them all into words! xp
Hope you like this chapter! ;)

P.S. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve taken away the previous chapter 16-Tension, since I didn’t like it and find that it was really a disappointing one...

Now, on with the story! ^_^
*
*
*
*
Chapter 16: Rewards
*
*
*
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN OHSHC!
*
*
*
*
Haruhi’s POV:

“Arisa-chan, it’s not that difficult as you think you know...” I sighed, looking at the girl in front of me who was lying her face flat on her current ‘arch enemy’ in defeat.

“Easy for you to say Haruhi... I hate exams...” Arisa looked up and pouted at me, crossing her arms in front of her and huffed.

“The more you hate it, the more difficult it is for you to do well.” I stated bluntly as she looked back down at the history book in defeat. “The faster you complete studying it, the faster you can get to see Kaoru. Besides, you’ve been missing him isn’t it?” I smirked.

I could see her face turned pinkish. “Who says I’m missing him...! I’m just not going to be defeated by this stupid subject!” She suddenly announced, jumping straight up from her seat and then back down again as she began to do her best to memorise history notes furiously.

I grinned inwardly. She does seemed to be somewhat similar like Tamaki-senpai, doing her best in everything. But... I frowned... I wonder if she would change if she were to meet her so-called ‘parents’ that she had claimed to be appearing frequently in her memories. Till now she had not been able to let down the fact that she had once been abandoned by them; it had definitely left a large scar within her. However, she had a wonderful family now, and us, the Host Club as her friends, and most importantly, Kaoru, as her current boyfriend. Though, they’re a couple now, it would still probably affect her in some way with the fact that they are not able to let the others in school know about their relationship isn’t it?

I sighed and smiled a little. Well, if she were to be troubled, she would tell me, so there’s not much for me to worry I guess.

A ringing of the Arisa’s phone snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Ah, Moshi moshi, Arisa desu.” Arisa answered. “Yap, I’m fine..... Really? Hehe~ I’ll be waiting then! Remember to bring home more of them ok?! Byee Shiro~ Say hi to Mum, Dad and Aoi for me! Have fun with your cruise trip! Remember to take loads of pictures ok? Hai! I’ll do my best too!”

“Your brother?” I asked her when she set her phone down.

She nodded. “He wanted to know how I was doing. They are coming home tmw night and he said that he’s going to buy tons of sweets back for me!” she giggled as her eyes sparkled in excitement.

I chuckled, “I guess that call had motivate you even more.”

“Of course! Shiro promised that he’s even going to bring me out to play!” She grinned from ear to ear.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Kaoru’s POV:

I sighed heavily, staring at the gold plated button that stood out within ten centimetres from my reach, tempting me to click it. Should I really be doing this? I would probably be disrupting her. She even told us since last week not to disturb her... Then again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Missing someone my dear brother~?” Hikaru teased as I felt a weight  on my right shoulder. No doubt he was leaning onto me as usual and from the sound of his voice, he’s definitely smirking.

“No. Just bored.” I replied flatly as I stared in front of me, seeing Boss spouting his ridiculous ideas to Kyoya-senpai who seemed to be trying to cover the annoyance under his poker face as usual.

“Ah~ Because Haruhi’s not here...? Though most probably it’s because you’re missing your princess, right?” He leaned forward to look at me, he’s smirk getting bigger by the minute.

“Kao-chan is missing Ari-chan?” Honey-senpai popped out from my left and asked as he hugged his Usa-chan.

I just huffed, not knowing what to say.

“You should visit her.” Mori stated.

“Yeah, Takashi’s right. Ari-chan is most probably missing you too you know!”

“But...”

“Perhaps, you visiting her may even give her some form of motivation?” Hikaru grinned, knowing what I had wanted to retort.

I sighed in defeat and nodded with a grin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath as I gathered up my courage and my finger went ahead to click the gold-plated button.

“Kaoru? Are you here to visit Arisa-chan?” a voice called out to me just as I was about to press the doorbell.

I rubbed the back of my neck as I laughed sheepishly. “Er... Y-yeah...”
I was so caught up with hesitating if I should go in to visit her that I didn’t even noticed that the gate had opened.

“I’m heading home now, you can go in and check up on her if you want. She’s still drilling for the History test. I’ll see you tomorrow Kaoru.” Haruhi smiled and walked off to the direction of her house as I waved at her and headed in.
*
*
*
*
“Arisa?” I called out as I stepped into the house, but there was no one to be seen. Could she be in the living room? I went over to look, but there was no one there. Where could she be? I went up the stairs and to her room, knocking the door before going in.

“Arisa?” I called out again as I went in and found her lying down on the table, fast asleep.

I grinned as went over to her bed and took her blanket to place it on her shoulders. Taking the seat beside her, I supported myself with my left hand on my cheek as I leaned on the table and I gazed at her sweet facial expression she had while she was asleep.

She looked so adorable... I tucked a strand of hair that was falling over her face behind her ear and moved closer to her, giving her a peck on her lips.

“Kaoru...?” Her eyes opened wearily, slowly sitting straight up as she rubbed her eyes, smiling. “What are you doing here...?”

“Just happened to drop by...to see you...” I muttered, looking away from her in embarrassment. I could feel heat rising up from my neck to my cheeks.

“Really?!” She quickly hugged me on my right. “Studying and not going to for Host Club activities made me sooooooo boooooored.”

I chuckled at her childish-ness; which would only happen when she’s too stressed up or too bored. .

“And I don’t get to see you but only in class...” she pouted. “Boy, I hate exams...”

“So, have you completed on History?”

“Yap! Haruhi even tried testing me! I’m awesome right?!” she giggled as she bounced out of her seat, giving me a peace sign..

“So you’re done now?”

She nodded excitedly, “Why? Are you going to give me a reward?”

“Hmmm.... I could think about that...” I smirked.

“But I can’t accept the reward yet, though I would love to.” she sat back down and leaned onto me.

“Why?” I raised my brow.

“Silly, did you forget?” she made a fake surprise expression as she turned around to look at me. “I’ve a horrible memory! Who knows, I might probably forget what I’ve studied today when I woke up tomorrow morning!”

“Good point,” I thought out loud.

“If it’s that the case, should I give you something so that you won’t forget it?” I grinned.

“Huh?” she tilted her head in confusion.

The next moment, I found my lips on hers.
*

*

*

*

Kekekeke~ So.....? How is this chapter? ^_^
I hope you would like this :)
Do let me know if Kaoru’s OOC ok? Cause since this is my first time writing a love story, I’m not that good at describing >~<
So do provide me some remarks if I’ve done badly :)

PLS COMMENT AND VOTE FOR ME! XD

THANK YOU! :)