Chapter 25_Family

Chapter 25: Family

Kaoru looked up ahead of him and saw the three guests walking towards them. Though he had no clue who they were at first, however, with Arisa’s reaction and a familiar identical face as to hers, had confirmed his suspicion as to why he’s girlfriend was in such a panic. His grip on hers tightened as he leant towards her ear and reassured her calmly, “Remember when you were regained your memory during your stay in the hospital previously?”

*

*

*

I felt my body trembled with every second and every step they took towards me. Squeezing my eyes shut, I tightened my hold around Kaoru as though I would be taken away from him by those devils approaching. Countless thoughts of ‘what ifs’ and ‘what might happen after’ race through my mind so quickly that it was as though a tornado had just entered into my head.

“Arisa,” I faintly heard Kaoru breathe at my left ear as his arms around me tightened. “Remember when you regained your memory during your stay in the hospital previously?”

Time seemed to have paused as I stayed still, recalling myself telling Kaoru about my past. I meekly nodded in reply.

“Do you remember what I’ve told you that you could do if you were to meet them?”

I raised my head up at him as I released by hold on him, but he still continued to hold me tightly. Staring at him, I recalled what he told me then.

“Kaoru... What should I do if I were to meet them?” I asked when I’ve finished with my story.

“Well, you can choose to pretend that you don’t know them, that you’re still having a memory loss~” he chuckled. “Or, you can just face them and let them know that without them, you can still have a wonderful life.”

I closed my eyes and smiled as Kaoru gave my hand a tiny squeeze.

“We’ll still be with you no matter what.”

“Remember? You can choose to pretend that you don’t know them that you’re still having a memory loss, or you can just face them and let them know that without them, you can still have a wonderful life.” He removed his arms around me as he cupped my face between the palms of his hands. “We’ll still be with you no matter what.”

My lips slowly began to twitch into a smile, my mind focusing on what he had just repeated to me as time seemed to turn back to normal. At the back of my mind, I could hear footsteps stopping not far away from me as another batch of pitter pattering footsteps neared us on my right. Without needing to turn and find out the ones causing the new set of footsteps, I’ve already knew who they were.

Slowly, I stood up together with Kaoru calmly, giving his hand a tight squeeze and turned to the three guests who had once caused me much misery just as the host club members and Shiro stood behind me.

“Arisa…” Shiro started beside me, but I stopped him and gave him a smile. The other stood silent, with slight confusion.

“I’m ok nii-chan.”

Taking a deep breath I stared at the three guests as then took a step nearer to me.

“Arisa, is that you?” my mot-, no, what I meant was, the lady asked as she tried to reach out to hold me, but I shifted away from her.

“Nice to meet you Mdm, my name is Arisa Hitori. It’s nice to meet you here at Hitachiin-san’s party.” I introduced myself, specifically emphasizing on my last name as I gave her a slight bow to show my manners but placed a cold smile on my face.