Chapter 27_I Don't Understand You!

Chapter 27: I don’t understand you.

Recap:

“Oh... Erm… Kouta-san, thank you for bringing me here,” I muttered shyly as he kneeled down to tend to my wounds. I still couldn’t get used to new people, especially with one who had just carried my all the way in her from outside. “And also for treating my wound…”

“It’s no big deal. Besides, it had been my fault.” He stated as he put plasters on both of my knees after he had applied ointment on them. “There, it’s done. What’s your name anyway?”

Kouta stood back up as he helped me up on my feet. “It’s…”

“Arisa!” a shout came from the doorway as it was slammed open.

.

.

.

I yelped and jumped in surprise as the door burst open, feeling a little sorry for the poor door for being wrecked opened with such horrid force.

“Nii-chan?” I blurted in surprise, slowly getting to my feet as Kouta held onto my hand to lift me up.

“I heard you coming here,” Shiro rushed forward as he grabbed me by my shoulders and started turning me side to side then around. “What happened? Are you hurt? Are you ok?”

Taking a huge exaggerated sigh after he had finished his long, loud and dramatic questioning, I held onto his hands which were still on my shoulders patted them. “I’m fine. I just tripped over and scratched my knees.”

“Oh.” Was all he had replied before he was interrupted with an overbearing laughter behind him.

“Oh my god, you… should have seen…. your face Shiro! It was epic!” Kouta burst out between his laughter while clutching his stomach. “That’s the first time I’ve seen you like that!”

“You know Kouta, nii-chan?” I tilted my head as I questioned while Shiro clearly didn’t hear me since he was too busy scowling at his best friend who was laughing his head off on the ground while trying to catch his breath.

“Yeah, Shiro’s my best friend!” Kouta finally confirmed as he slung his arm over Shiro’s shoulder and ignored the sneer Shiro was giving him.

I beamed inwardly at the friendly affection between them. Though he was denying his closeness with Kouta, I knew, especially after what Kouta had said that Shiro cared a lot for him. I’m glad that he had found someone like Kouta as his friend.

Without realizing it, trickles of betraying teardrops had escaped from the corners as I watched my brother bickered with his best friend. All the uneasiness and worry had seemed to hit me instantly.

“Hey, Arisa, what’s wrong?” Concern flickered across Kouta’s and Shiro’s faces as they peered in front of me. Unconsciously, my silent tears had turned into sobs as I leant over to hug my brother for comfort.

.

.

.

Shiro sighed heavily after his sister had recounted the entire reason for her depression. Ruffling his hair in frustration at his sister’s ignorance and her boyfriend’s behaviour, he turned to his best friend who was still at lost at his sister’s breakdown while trying to find a way to comfort her. He had to admit that he himself was unsure of how to ease his sister’s worries. One of the things he could never handle was women’s tears.

“Arisa,” Shiro started after his long silence, catching the attention of the duos in front of him. “Just wait for him to come around.”

His short answer made Arisa throw him a questioning look.