Chapter 20_I'm Not Alone Aymore

Chapter 20: I’m not alone anymore

*

*

*

~From Before~

I heard quiet sobs beside me. My brows cringed a little as I tried to force my heavy eyelids open. Peering through my eyelids, I found myself gazing at a familiar white ceiling.

I blinked. The hospital?

Sobs brought me back to confusion and I turned my head to my left.

"K-Kaoru...?" I muttered.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

“K-Kaoru...?” I croaked again.

He froze and stared at me as though I had grown two head, which I’m pretty sure I didn’t.

“Arisa!” He quickly wiped away the tears that had stained on his face.

I struggled to sit up, Kaoru quickly reached out to help me and handed me some water as I took a sip.

“How long was I out?” I placed my hand on my forehead when my head started to spin a little.

“Two weeks. Are you ok? Do you need me to call the doctor? Wait, how many fingers am I holding?” He panicked, brows pinched, face pale.

I sighed, “Chill down Kaoru... I’m fine so there’s no need for doctors. Two fingers.”

He sighed in relief and sat next to me on the bed and tugged the loose strand of hair behind my ears.

“Have you been sleeping?” I muttered and frowned, holding onto his hand which his fingers had stayed behind my ears. He looked pale, dark circles surrounding his eyes making him look like a panda. His hair was fuzzy too, kind of like a teddy bear.

“It’s not easy to do so you know.” He frowned, looking slightly guilty.

“Kaoru...”

“If I had followed you then, you wouldn’t have...” I immediately covered his mouth and glared at him.

“Kaoru, listen.” my eyes softened a little. “It wasn’t your fault, alright?”

He nodded meekly.

“I’m sorry for sleeping so long...” I smiled, wiping off the tear on Kaoru’s face that had been left unwiped. “I was going through the passage of lost memories...” I joked.