Camouflaged Maneuvers

"how mad is Abby going to be today?" i ask Maddie as we walk into the studio

"pretty mad" Maddie says

"let's hope for the best" i sigh

|Pyramid|
"come on girls let's go!" Abby says as we walk into studio A

"course we have to talk about barnardsville New Jersey, second, second, second."

"one of our duets was fifth, it's okay everyone needs knocked down a few pegs even you Maddie such as life."

"so let's talk about the group dance, you looked exquisite but i didn't see a love story if you wanna be second then you did a great job if you wanna win you might have to go back to basics im not gonna yell at you or scream at you or anything else i'll just smile and be sweet and nice and you be second"

wait why is she being nice..

"this week we will be travelling too Minneapolis Minnesota we will attend intensity dance we've been there before we're going again so let's move onto the pyramid."

"first Mackenzie eleven points between you and the next person eleven points."

"next on the pyramid Nia, you weren't feeling well we can blame that you didn't know how to perform, but the legs get sloppy the feet get sloppy the arms get sloppy"

"next i have Paige, your arms out of control i tell you, you still do it wrong"

"next Maddie, you did four turns in the corner stunning and then you bobble on simple easy things, i threw you a lifeline you must've missed it"

"next Kendall, remember i told you before your mom could hurt you or she could help you this week she helped you she wants you to right on Maddies heels chopping at the bit i think that's a good thing but are you aiming to beat the right twin?"

"that's seems a little cut throat" Holly says

"if dance competitions aren't cut throat i don't know what is" Abby says

"next i have Kayla, once again you're the one i can rely on i gave you another solo and you won and you beat your sister with a jazz routine i think that's an improvement for you well done"

i give a soft smile

"thank you." i say

"and now at the top of the pyramid Brooke." Abby says

we clap for Brooke

"and Brooke don't forget the person on top of the pyramid always has a target on their back you're the one to knock down a peg" Abby says

Chloe raises her hand

"yes?" Abby answers

"what about me?" Chloe asks