The Politics Of Dancing

I won my seventh win and I know Miss Abby is very pleased with it

|Pyramid|
"look at you the first one in" Abby says as Asia walks in

"wow i love that you and your child is the first ones in the door"

"congratulations Asia it was your first time competing with the Abby Lee Dance Company and you were one of our big winners"

we clap for Asia

"alright how come four strangers that don't dance together on a daily basis that aren't taught by the same teacher come together and tell the story and connect with eachother?"

"you're all together every single day i didn't see that connection i don't think some of you don't wanna be here and i certainly don't think any of you work hard enough."

"the pyramid today..first Mackenzie, Mackenzie you're injured you didn't dance you stayed home."

"and next we have Brooke, you are fifteen years old we all made choices you wanna work hard you'll get better."

"next Chloe, Chloe you were apart of a trio that trio should've won it was second you fell out of the turns early you hit the floor before anybody else."

"and next Kendall, you were also apart of a trio that came in second."

"and now Maddie, Maddie you were apart of the trio too what went wrong? maybe start paying attention to this one she wins with jazz." Abby points to me

Maddie nods

"next Paige, Paige if i give you the responsibility to be part of the group number then work harder."

"and next i have Nia, Nia you've been flying under the radar you're here because your like switzerland."

"and next Asia, Asia you were one  of our big winners this is a reflection of your score not your legs or your feet those things all need a whole lot of attention, understood?"

Asia nods

"and on top of the pyramid is Kayla, i gave you a jazz solo and i wanted Asia to watch you and see how it's done and you did just that, this is the person you want to be straight legs, nice feet and a winner"

i smile

"Mackenzie what's wrong?" Abby asks

i look over to see Kenzie crying

"i feel dizzy." Kenzie says

"you feel dizzy? alright why don't you take a seat okay, you wanna keep that foot up." Abby says

and Kenzie sits down on the floor

"Mackenzie has to stay off of her foot and you were her opposite and now you don't have an opposite so what do i do with
Asia?"

"so you're going to come into the group you're going to learn it but i don't know if you're in it or not."