XXVII

„Yeah, young love can be really precious." he answered and leaned on his hand. „Have you ever been in love?"

Surprised, your eyes switched over to the man who just asked you so boldly.

Have you ever been in love?
You weren't even sure if you really knew what love meant.

Was it admiration? Approval from others? Passion?

Thinking back to how your parents treated you before you turned crazy, you realized that this was the only time you really received love in your life. They cared for you and listend when you had to say something. Your mom always brushed your hair and cooked your favorite food. Your dad took you to places you wanted to visit and always helped you when you were in trouble. They took care of you when you were sick, taught you how to read and write and scolded you when you did something bad.

Later on, there wasn't much left of that warm and comfy feeling. In the hospital, you were just a problem and burden for everybody. You didn't even like yourself.

Yelling, crying, people locking you into dark rooms. Leaving you alone for days. Never paying attention to what you had to say.

When you ran away, you were hungry. Hungry for attention and validation. As you became a stripper, you felt like living in a high. People were only coming for you, cheered and even spend money just to see you.

Sex never had the meaning of intimacy. Only money. And you did a lot for it.

Desired, but never loved.

„No, never. And I don't even know if I'm even able to fall in love." you answered and put your fork to the side. „Seems exhausting and like a waste of time."

Gojo nodded and leaned back to analyze you. Your eyebrows narrowed and you slightly chewed on the inside of your cheek. He knew that this was probably a sensitive topic for you.

But he was surprised at you answer. He thought you were a hopeless romantic and will start to rant about how great love can be. He was surprised that you had the same opinion as him.

„What about you?" you asked and looked over to him. „I don't think you're the type of guy who dates either."

A smirk on his face formed and he shook his head. „Yeah, no. The more you love the more you suffer."

„I figured."

But instead of never receiving Love, Gojo was scared of it. He knew that love and being emotionally invested in things -especially in his case- will mean the end. Not only for him.
He's been a walking target his entire life, so it's a weekly occasion for him that he gets randomly attacked. He just doesn't want to put people at unnecessary risk.

And Yuta being the best example, Love can cause the strongest curses. And him being the strongest, with an unlimited amount of cursed energy - losing control means disaster.

„Anyways, wanna head home?" you started to put your plates together. „It's getting late."

Together you walked back to his car in silence. Even the ride back home was slightly uncomfortable. The topic Love seemed to leave you both in your own thoughts and mind.

From time to time you glared over to Satoru only to see him that he was biting on his lips, probably deep in his own thoughts. It wasn't just a sensitive topic for you.

The sun has settled and Gojo finally parked his car in the parking lot. Somehow his driving style was so soothing to you that you dozed off and had closed your eyes to rest a bit.

A soft smile formed on his lips and he leaned over to you. Carefully he pressed the button of your seat belt to open it. Gojo got a small wiff of your scent and he inhaled.

You looked so peaceful, with a light smile on your lips, your chest raising and sinking in a monotonous beat.

Slowly he started to poke your cheek and grinned. „Wake up, princess." he mumbled and then let his hand Slide Over your thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze. „We're back."

You hummed and grabbed after his hand. Like always they were ice cold, uncomfortable-giving you goosebumps as you touched them.

„Your hands are always so cold." you complained and let your warm fingers run over his knuckles.
„I'm not really into ice play, you know." you joked and rubbed over your eyes.

„No?" he asked curiously and let his fingers Slide Over the exposed skin on your neck.

Out of reflex you jumped slightly away from him and a small moan left your lips. He chuckled and pulled away to open his side of the car, with a big smirk on his face.

„You're mean." you yelled after him and got out of the car as well. It was already dark and the air has cooled down, leaving you shivering in your T-shirt.

Together you carried all the groceries you bought inside the kitchen you shared and started to put them away. From time to time you told Gojo what ingredients he had to leave out and which ones he had to put away. It felt like you were talking to a toddler who wants to touch and look at all things - sometimes repeating yourself several times before he listend. It took you almost an hour, way longer than you expected.

„Do the students have their own kitchen, as well?" you asked while you started to put all the ingredients back into the bag.

„Do you wanna cook there?" Gojo leaned against the door and crossed his arms in front of his chest. „I thought we are going to cook together."

„Well, sorry if I try to bond with the students." you giggled at his jealousy and carefully raised the heavy bag. „You can join if you're feeling excluded."

„Let me carry it." he said and quickly took it out of your arms. „You're missing out on the worlds best cook."

„I didn't say you can't help, Satoru."

20 Minutes later you stood in the kitchen guiding Megumi what to do and how to prepare the food properly. You were surprised how talented the boy was.

Gojo on the other hand stood helpless with two chopsticks between his fingers in the kitchen and followed every step you made, sometimes asking stupid questions or bothering Megumi.

„Satoru! I don't notice much of the worlds best cook. So far I'd rather honor Megumi with that title." you complained and shoved the tall man to the side.

„Yeah, that's because he's doing everything. I would show you my talent if I could"

Suddenly the boy in the kitchen snorted and raised an eyebrow. „What talent? Managing to even set uncooked instant ramen on fire?"

„Hey, that happened once. No one told me you need water."

You looked over to Gojo with an face expression that was indescribable. Something between the most judging and the most confused look with three question marks above your head. And this man is a teacher - yet the strongest sorcerer who protects the world.

„You know what." you said and your hands went to his lower back, gently shoving him out of the kitchen. „How about you spend some time with the rest of the students, hm? Megumi and I need some Gojo free time, please!"

„But I wanna spend some time with you." he whined and turned around so that your hands rested on his waist.

„The amount of Gojo I can take for today is almost over. You either use it up now and I'm gonna get grumpy or later when my battery has recharged."

Quickly his lips turned into a smirk and he cocked his head to the side. „Can I use it up how I want to?"

Annoyed but with a smile you rolled with your eyes and turned him around again. „Thin ice, Satoru. Thin ice. And now ask Itadori what he would do if Sukuna was a woman."

„He probably would think it's super cool at first and later on freak out." Megumi answered as Gojo left and threw the cut vegetables into the pan.

„Maybe." you chuckled and watched him prepare the fish you bought. „You're really good at this. You're parents did a good job raising you."

„You mean Gojo?" he chuckled and looked over to you to get your reaction.