3

JAMIE

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Trevor asks for the third time as we leave the locker room.

"Positive," I nod. My family couldn't make it in town for the holidays and I think Trevor feels bad. He's been inviting me to everything his family does since the moment they got here.

Since we played an early game today, his parents are going to a nice dinner after while him and his siblings go to a sports bar to watch the rest of the NHL games on tonight. Then they're all coming to our place tonight, to have some "sibling fun" as Trevor said. What that means I have no clue, but I do know it means Kendall will be there.

We're walking down the hallway to do a couple post game interviews when his family approaches us, with a security guard at the lead.

"Good game," His dad pats him on the back, "You too," he shoots me a quick smile and nod.

"Thank you," I nod at him.

Trevor's family starts to all surround him as they talk about the game. Except for Kendall, who stops me before I keep walking away. Her hand is on my arm before I can get too far.

"Hey, are you okay? That fight was pretty intense," she asks, and her bright green eyes are soft and full of concern. Her hand lingers on my arm for second before it's back at her side.

"Yeah," I shrug my shoulders turning to face her, which hurts because every part of my body is sore from the game. It was an extra tense game tonight, but every game is, especially against the Kings.

"Your lip's busted," her eyes are on my lips and now mine are on hers, they're glossy and I can't look away.

"Not the first time," I force my eyes back to her's. I need to get away before I do something I shouldn't, because all a I wanna do is reach out and touch her. But she's like a piece of art in a museum, I have to stay three feet back.

"Are you coming to dinner with us?" She asks, almost sounding hopeful.

"I can't, I have plans with some friends." It's not a lie, I last minute made plans with some friends just to get out of dinner because I think Trevor would of dragged me with.

"But you'll be back later right?"

"Yeah," I nod, "What exactly does 'sibling fun' even mean?" I chuckle.

"Movies, snacks, the boys will probably wrestle while Ava and I egg them on," she smiles.

I shake my head, "I have to run, but I'll see you later," I start to walk away.

"Want me to get Trev?"

"Tell him he's got five minutes," I nod.

She nods at me with a smile before turning back to her family.

KENDALL

"Okay now that the parents are gone," I smirk at Trevor who's sitting across from me at the table. We've ordered almost every appetizer on this bar's menu so the table is filled with plates. "I wanna hear all the R rated stories!"

"Of course you do," Trevor laughs picking up a fry then turning to Griffin, "I wanna hear about Ole Miss!"

"She asked first," Griffin counters picking up one of the onion rings.