16

JAMIE

"You." Kendall narrows her eyes at me as I enter the living room. I stop walking and look over at her. She's sitting against the arm of the couch, her legs folded under herself.

"Yes?" I say hesitantly. It's been a few days since we kissed and I've been avoiding her since then. Not really on purpose, I honestly don't know why.

"Sit," she points at the couch next to her, "We have to talk about what happened."

I glance over my shoulder nervous Trevor's home.

"He's not home," Kendall says basically reading my mind. 

I make my way over to the couch and take a seat.

"Okay I know I'm probably reading too much into it and you're going to think I'm crazy, because it was just a kiss," Kendall starts talking, her hands are moving as she speaks.

"But I'm just gonna say it, I've had a crush on you for a while. But obviously I had a boyfriend the first couple of times we met but now I don't. If you want that kiss to be more than kiss I'd be okay with that. But also if you don't want it to be anything more, I totally understand that but just tell me," she looks over at me, she looks so sad but a I can't look away.

"I don't like you avoiding me. I'll push away any feelings I have if you wanna just stay friends, I can do that."

"Uhm," I push my hair out of my face, leaning back on the couch, staring up at the ceiling, "That was a lot."

"Sorry I ramble when I'm nervous. I can't help it, my mouth just doesn't stop, and I'm doing it again," she forces her mouth closed.

I'm still processing everything she just said because I do want it to happen again, and I'm open to the more she mentioned. But there's the whole Trevor and her being his little sister thing.

"Okay you've got to say something," Kendall's already starting at me when I look over at her.

"What about Trevor?" I ask.

I watch her tuck her hair behind her ears, "Uhm I don't know how he'll react but I'd rather get our feelings figured out before we tell him or anyone else."

"What about Connor?" I don't know why I'm asking so many questions. I want her, she wants me, I should just shut the hell up.

"I blocked him the other night. He's a hundred percent out of the picture," she nods.

And then I ask the worst question of all but I can't stop myself, "What about Jack?"

Her face scrunches in confusion, "Jack?"

"Hughes."

She laughs but her cheeks warm like there is something she wants to say but won't, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh c'mon! I saw they way he looked at you." He had this lustful, almost hungry look every time he looked at her.

She takes a deep breath, looking down at her nails, "I promise there's absolutely nothing going on between Jack and I."

"Okay then," I hum, I don't believe her but I'm not gonna push. Plus I trust her, and I've asked enough stupid questions for tonight.

Wait. Am I actually about to say yes to this? Oh god, Trevor's gonna kill me. But whatever, I can take him.

I start to smile, scooting close to her, "Then let's give it a try."

"Really?" Kendall's brows raise in shock.

"What do you not want to now?" I tease her.

She blushes, "I do, I guess I just thought it was all in my head."