23

KENDALL

"Turn around," Mallory instructs. She's currently taking photos of me under the pier.

"So you guys seriously still haven't talked about you leaving?" She asks jumping back to the conversation we were having. She's still holding my phone and snapping pictures as she talks.

"No," I say, pulling my hair over my shoulder so you can see the open back of the dress, "And I don't really want to. It's gonna put too much pressure on it, plus there's no way it would work long distance."

"Why not?" Mallory squats low to the sand for a new angle.

"Should I go into the water a bit?" I ask looking at the water behind us.

"Sure. Answer my question," she follows me as I step into the water.

"I was going to," I glare at her, pulling up the bottom of my dress as the waves roll in as I start posing and she starts taking pictures again.

"We live on the literal opposite ends of the country. And he's on the move a lot so trying to find time to talk would be hard," I stop posing.

I don't want it to end though. The thought of him being here in California while I'm in New York sounds like the worst thing to ever exist. But this last month has been so amazing. I love spending time with him. I love laughing at stupid shit with him. I love cooking with him. Maybe I...no you don't Kendall. Don't even think it.

"What?" Mallory asks standing up straight, putting my phone down.

"Nothing, sorry," I tuck some of my hair behind my ear.

"Do you think we got some good ones?" I ask walking out of the water.

"You tell me," she hands me my phone.

-

After dropping off Mallory and a quick run to the grocery store. Now I'm carrying the grocerys into the house.

"Babe, guess what?" I make my way into the main section of the house,"They had scallops on sale! So the menu is," I set the bags on the kitchen counter and look over at Jamie who's sitting on the couch. He's looking over at me with a little happy smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask getting a little nervous.

A smile slowly takes over his face as he stands up and starts towards me, "You just called me babe."

I freeze, "I...uh..."

Jamie stands right next to me. I look up at him as he says, "I wasn't saying it was a bad thing."

He's still smiling as he tucks some of my hair behind my ear, "I kinda liked it." His hand's holding my face as he leans over and gives me a short kiss.

"Well," I smirk up at him, "Then wash your hands, babe, it's time to cook." I smile pushing up on my toes and give him another quick kiss before I turn on my heels and head towards the fridge.

@kennyz posted a story