14

JAMIE

"We need, garlic, both of the blocks of cheese in the drawer," Kendall's reading the recipe off her phone, "The milk, the butter and the pasta's already boiling."

She looks up from her phone at me.

"I think I got it all," I say holding everything she listed off.

"You're a good helper," she smiles at me, that sweet, charming smile. She makes her way over to me, taking a few of the items from from my arms.

I spend the next forty minutes helping Kendall make the mac and cheese, the corn on the cob and the biscuits.

"No," I smack Trevor's hand away from the basket of biscuits.

"It's just a snack," Trevor defends himself.

"Give us five minutes and then you can eat everything. Mal just texted that she was almost here," Kendall says from behind us.

And then there's a knock on the door.

"Trev, get that. I bet it's Mal," Kendall says as she plates the rest of the food.

Trevor leave to answer the door.

Mallory joins us and then we all sit down to eat. After one bite everyone's complementing Kendall on dinner.

"It wasn't just me, Jamie helped," she looks up at me when she says it, "He basically did the mac and cheese all by himself."

"I just did what the chef told me to do," I wink at her. Kendall blushes and quickly looks back down at her plate.

-

THE NEXT MORNING

Okay, I don't know how I got convinced into this but evidently I'll do anything Kendall asks. Because somehow I find myself up at 4:30 am on a Friday morning.

At dinner she brought up the idea of a sunrise hike and Trevor was very against it, he said he didn't want to get up early. And Mallory had to be at work today so she couldn't make it.

So I said I'd go because she just looked so excited but so disappointed when Mallory and Trevor said no. It was obvious she was trying to hide her disappointment. I hated the look on her face. So now I'm up and ready before the sun so Kendall and I can go on a hike.

As I make my way out of my bedroom, the only light on is coming from the kitchen.

"Morning," Kendall smiles at me from the kitchen table, when I enter the room, "I made coffee."

She's got on a matching bright pink workout set and the tight bra is cut in a low scoop, I have to force my eyes away from her chest.

"Thank you," I make my way over to the coffee pot, needing the liquid energy more than anything right now. Kendall's already nursing her own mug full of coffee.

"I just need to throw on some sunscreen then I'll be ready," Kendall says. I nod taking a sip of my coffee.

And an hour later we're more than half way to the top of the mountain, the sun is about half way up. Every time we get to a look out spot Kendall stops and takes photos of the sun coming up over the city below us.

"We're gonna miss it," Kendall grabs my hand, pulling me towards the top.

"My legs can only go so fast," I say trying to keep up with her.