12

KENDALL
A FEW DAYS LATER

I'm standing in the kitchen when Trevor and Jamie come home. They had some ice time with some of the team this morning, then they both decided to go work out after that. So when they finally get home it's almost one pm.

"Where are you off to?" Trevor asks as he sips on the smoothies they bought on the way home. They had texted to ask if I wanted one but I said no because I'm about to leave for an event.

I'm currently wearing a little white lace dress and white heels. I curled my hair, put on makeup.

"I got invited to this Revolve event, Mal is coming to pick me up soon," I explain as I finish putting the dishes away. I made myself breakfast this morning and did the dishes before I started getting ready.

"What's Revolve?" Jamie asks from the couch.

"A fashion brand," I explain, "They basically just want me to show up and take some pictures, post about the event. They get free promo and I get free stuff."

"Why you?" Trevor asks now sitting beside Jamie.

"Hey! Rude!" I glare at him, "And because I'm cooler than you."

Trevor just scoffs at me before I explain the actual reason.

"I've gained a pretty good following since that video I posted the first week I was here, I went from a few hundred followers who were almost all people I knew to now I have almost half a million just on Instagram and about a hundred thousand on TikTok."

"You're kidding!" Trevor's tone is shock and excitement as he pulls out his phone. I assume he's pulling up my Instagram account because he then says, "Holy shit! You've almost got more followers then me now!"

"Well you never post so what do you expect?" I raise a brow at him. I've posted almost every other day since I got to LA because we're always doing something. It's like my Instagram account has become my own little summer diary.

My phone dings from the counter top beside me.

I go to reach for it as I shut the cabinet beside my head, "Mal's here, I'll be back later!" I grab my purse and quickly rush out the door.

-

JAMIE

It's been an hour since Kendall came home and she went straight to her room. Trevor and I were sitting on the couch watching TV but instead of sitting down and joining, like she has every other night since she's been here, she just wait right to get room.

So once Trevor goes to bed I quietly knock on her door.

"Kendall, I can hear the TV," I say when she doesn't answer.

"Fine, come in," she answers.

I slowly push the door open and she's laying under the covers, slowly sitting up. Her cheeks are red and her eyes are a bit watery like she's been crying.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she tries to smile but it's obviously forced.

"You can talk to me," and I mean it. I pull out her desk chair and sit down.

Over the last month she's been staying with us we've gotten close. We've had many lunches together just us two. Because Trevor always falls back asleep after our morning workout and doesn't wake back up until dinner time unless there's something to do.

Trevor keeps saying it's like we're all siblings but the feeling in my chest says otherwise.

Like seeing her look so sad right now, all I want to do is crawl into that bed and hold her and tell her everything's okay.