7

JAMIE
FOUR MONTHS LATER

I'm sitting on the couch when I hear the garage door open and Trevor's laugh follow a second later.

"Jimmy, run! She's here," he's still laughing, his voice getting closer.

"Oh shut up!" Kendall laughs from somewhere behind him, "I come with thank you gifts!"

They enter the living room at the same time. Trevor guides her two suitcases towards the hallway that leads to all of the bedrooms while Kendall sets down her large tote bag and makes her way to the couch. She holding two white and red paper bags as she sits down right beside me.

"Trev said you'd just want a double double," she says as she opens the In-N-Out bag, pulling out the food, "But I also got shakes and fries, do you want chocolate or vanilla?"

"I'm cool with whatever," I shrug.

"You get first pick!" She looks over at me.

Her green eyes are so bright it's almost blinding but I could stare at them for hours.

"Fine, chocolate," I smile.

She reaches over and hands me one of the small paper cups.

"Thank you."

"Of course, and thank you for letting me crash here," she picks up some of the fries from her tray.

I still don't know why I said yes. Last time I saw her we spent the night together but not in a physical way, but that night's stuck with me. But that's what Kendall Zegras does, she leaves a mark everywhere she goes.

"How was the flight?" I ask unwrapping my burger.

"I sat next to this guy who's flying out here for a bachelor party but he's joining the group a day late so he was pregaming on the plane because he was going straight to the party from the airport," she picks up some more fries, "After two drinks he never shut up, so uhm it felt never ending."

"Were the stories at least good?" Trevor asks.

"Meh," she shrugs, "He's defiantly not the best man."

-

The first week of Kendall being here is hard because now I really can't stop thinking about her.

Every time I go into the kitchen, she's there. Or if I go into the living room...she's there, or the hallway or the backyard. She's everywhere. It also doesn't help that she wonders the house in these oversized t-shirts that are some how hotter than if she were wearing nothing at all.

But it's also kind of nice having a girl around, everything's much cleaner than normal. Trevor and I aren't super messy, but we hardly ever actually clean. Okay I clean sometimes. Trevor never cleans.

And since we're in the off season I don't have daily practices or games to help me clear my head. Just the gym everyday but Kendall tags along, which just doesn't help anything. It does help that she sticks to the treadmill all the way on the opposite of the gym, away from where Trevor and I workout.

But tonight Trevor got an invite to a party and a fellow NHL player and one of his good friends, Jack Hughes, is in town visiting. So we're all planning on going out.

Trevor and I are sitting on the couch waiting for Kendall to come out of her room and for Jack and Alex to arrive.

Alex Turcotte played with Jack and Trevor on the USA World Juniors team, he's playing for the Ontario Reign now, so we hang out with him a lot. He's a cool guy, and he's quieter which I like.