37

KENDALL
THREE WEEKS LATER

@kennyz posted a story

Trevor and Jamie are at a team meeting so I have to get an uber from the airport to their place but luckily I still have my house key from the summer so getting inside was easy

But figuring out where to put my suitcase is a bit harder. Mason now lives in their extra room, so that's gone. And Jamie and I didn't really talk about me just staying in his room the whole time and I don't want to just assume.

So I just leave my suitcase by the front door and head out to the backyard, up the ladder to the roof.

I take in a breath of the light spring air. It's winter in California which is basically spring in New York. It was snowing when I got on the plane this morning and now I'm standing in the sun with a light breeze hitting my face.

Everything feels light up here. I hold my arms out at my sides and tilt my head back in the sun light. I take a deep breath smiling.

I've missed this.

-

JAMIE

Trevor finally pulls into the garage, and I try very hard to not rush out of the car as soon as it stops. And I swear he purposely drove home slow as shit.

As soon as Kendall texted me that she was here all I wanted to do with get back to the house but Trevor, Mason and I all carpooled to our practice facility so I had to wait for them. And for some reason they both took forever to change after practice.

Trevor leads us into the house shouting, "Ken?"

"Kitchen!" She shouts back.

We make our way into the kitchen and she's standing at the stove.

"What are you cooking?" Mason makes his way over to look at what's in the pan.

"Ham and cheese sandwiches, your guys's are right there," she tilts her head behind her as she flips the last sandwich in the hot pan.

"Yes!" Trevor cheers as he and Mason both grab plates. Not only did she make sandwiches but she added chips and carrots on the side. She's adorable.

"Thank you!" Both of the other two boys say already with mouths full of food.

I wait until Trevor and Mason make their way to the couch before I walk up behind her wrapping my one free arm around her hugging her to me. This sling is annoying.