Chapter 17 Tears And Smiles

I put on some music as I make food for tony he sings along fumbling the words as he goes which makes me burst out Into fits of laughter. Once they were done, I cut up the strawberry and the toast before giving it to my excited son who was kicking his legs about impatiently.

I watched him eat his French toast whilst he swayed left and right. I smiled at his excitement for food knowing damn well he got It from his father who is never around anymore. Im starting to feel like a single mom even tho I live with his dad and love his dad.

Once he was done with his food I washed his dishes as he ran away. I walked into the living room and sat on the single sofa that was opposite everyone else. I look at my son on Donovan's lap bursting into full fits of laughter. Only two people can make him laugh like that, Donovan and Diego. Thinking about it makes my eyes water and a tear escapes. "isabella." I snap out of my thoughts and look into the direction of the voice. It came from Briana who was sitting next to gabi.

"are you OK." this question brings all the attention onto me. I wipe away the fallen tears. "yeah I'm OK I'm totally fine just..." i pause thinking of an excuse. "just missing my. Family there on holiday to france and the time differences are pretty big so I don't get to talk to them often. "

They nod clearly not believing my bullshit excuse. I look back over at donovan and Tony. Donovan had a smile on his face whilst he played with the strings of Tonys durag.

"um donovan" I say "wassup" he reply "do you Think You could cut Tonys hair for me it getting really. Over grown I'd do it but he screams every time I even reach for his hair Diego normally does it but..." a lump forms in my throat but I didn't have to finish my sentence for him to understand what I was trying to say

"hey isabella, what time does diego normally get home cause I never see him come in or leave" Briana asks me but once again the question brings all the attention to me. "he comes in really late around 11 I'm never awake when he comes in I just feel his presence cause he either kisses my cheek or I can feel the bed dip a little he leaves really early as well he leaves at 5 to get to an early morning class at. 5:30 and then I'm guessing he hangs around campus till his next class at 7 which is a 4 hour course and then at 11 he changes and goes straight to work for 12 and then finishes work around 10:30 and comes home for 11"

She nods at me. "so you or Tony don't see him at all" Gabi asks. I shake my head as I move around uncomfortably as my eyes start to well up as tears fall uncontrollably. "I can't even get mad at him because I know he's doing it for both of us and worst part is he is probably so drained cause he barely gets sleep. " I cry out "I can't yell at him for anything cause his money is the only source of income were ever gonna get between the 2 of us. " i say trying to wipe my tears away.

"neither can I yell at him for getting a degree that can get him somewhere in life. I especially cant yell at him cause I quite literally signed him up for the community college but I did it cause we can't both be known as he highschool drop outs because we won't get any decent paying jobs and we will end up poor living here all our lives. "

"but at the same time I miss him so much I cry myself to sleep I feel like a single mom and I fucking hate it and every time I look at Anthony all. I see is him. All I want is my fucking boyfriend back." Im crying quite heavily and I'm wiping my tears away with the back of my hand as my whole hand was shaking.

"I'm sorry isabella I really am." Gabi says as she hands me a tissue. "it's not your fault don't be sorry. " she let's out a big sigh. "i know hes only working this hard because he needs the money to get a house... to get away from me." i shake my head. "that's not true yes he is working to get the money for a house buy your not the reason we're moving out Gabi. " she shakes her head.

"than why are you guys leaving, there is more than enough room for you guys to live here until you get the money for the house without killing yourselves with work and raising a kid. Why is my baby trying to leave me isabella" her eyes well up aswell.

"I don't want you guys to leave I love seeing my grandchild run around here every day I love having you around but that's gonna all go away and diego is gonna drown himself in work to pay bills for a house you guys rushed into getting I don't want to see my son keep killing himself every day to the point he know longer sees his son because of this I don't want to see you keep suffering and pretending like we don't see It. "

She was right. She was spot on I need to talk to diego about everything but I never get the chance too.  "your  right gabi he is drowning himself in a job just to get a house we don't exactly need yet.  And I'm gonna have to stay up pretty late today and have a talk with him" she gives me a smile, a smile I haven't seen in the longest time.

"can someone do me a favour though" they all look at me. "cause i have to stay up late can one of you get Tony if he wakes up and starts calling for me. He won't sound very loud cause he gets a very itchy dry throat so you might not hear him very loudly and can you get him some water or he'll probably cry cause it hurts him"

"yeah I can do that for you Diego had the same thing when he was around the same age as tony so I know what to do." i nod.

"do you know what it's caused by" I ask as Tony runs towards me and climbs on my lap cuddling into me. I squeeze his cheeks together as I I wipe syrup of his mouth. He whines and trying wiggling out of my grip but I'm finished before he could.

"well Diegos sinuses were blocked so he couldn't breathe through his nose and it got worse during the night causing him to sleep with his mouth open and get a bad throat in the morning." dang is my son breathing through his mouth this whole time and I haven't noticed.

I grab his cheeks making him look. At me he stares at me confused and that's when I notice his mouth is slightly a jar and he's clearly breathing through it. My jaw drops as I look at gabi and she giggles at me.

"don't worry about it a bit of vicks vaporub under his nose on his chest and back it will vanished over time." I slowly relax and cuddle with my stubborn son who didn't even want to sit with me.

Yes guys I am back and sorry for all the mistakes I'm wearing fake nails so there really hard to type with.