Chapter 3

It has been a little more than ten years since the nuclear factory incident. Thankfully the death rate for it was low, only about 58 out of thousands. However many were injured due to rumble, the shock, or any other effects related to it. Recently though, an American organization that I did not catch the name of has come over to do some ' tests ' on the nuclear levels to see if it's safe to start reconstruction of the place.

I was suspicious of it, since most of the crew was on the water by the place in fancy ships. The higher commanders of the local military regiment I was a part of wanted me to keep an eye on the part of the American group that was by the power plant itself. I could understand their suspicion, so I did as said and watched over the group while talking to some of their head-people or whatever they call them in America.

There was this one man that caught my attention. He seemed to be part of leading this operation. I walked by him, but not close. I stood about 2 yards from him, and looked down at the crew taking some samples of the wreckage and what seemed to be the remains of some area of testing. I didn't think much of it. What brings you here? ' the man said. I responded, ' Oh, me? I'm just seeing what you guys are doing over here. I saw the team come in earlier and asked my officials if I could check out, they approved. '

There was a moment of silence, and he glanced slightly suspicious at me before saying, ' I see. Your officials must also be curious about this sudden request to unearth some items here for..... what was it.....nuclear levels. ' ' I suppose so, b- ' my sentence was cut off as an explosion in the distance was heard, and alarms started going off.

The man started shouting at the team to hurry and leave as I ran towards where the explosion was heard. It was off the coastline that I saw an American ship sinking, and 2 others firing into the water. Whatever was happening over there, it was not good. I noticed other people started placing sandbags and weaponry along the coast and in the city. This must be an underwater attack, and possibly also amphibious. It was strange, since we weren't on any bad terms with anyone.

I went behind a sandbagged area as another ship sank. I noticed some pointed spike-like things come out of the water, then back in. The hell was that! That was definitely not a submarine. The Americans are not telling us something here. There were no ships left. There was a dead silence after that. People were glancing at each other, unsettled by the spikes that came out of the water.

The silence was broken when a tall, dark gray lizard with large spikes and what seemed to be wings on its back bursted out of the water. Someone sounded the evacuation alarm, which seemed to startle the creature, which expected no other opponents. The creature's spikes started emitting a white glow. Artillery men fired at the creature out of fear, which caused several others to open fire. I was hesitant, despite that battle had started. A loud charging noise came from the creature, and for a moment it was silent before it shot a white beam at us.

This caused a frenzy amongst everyone. People started fleeing, and it was enough that I almost got trampled along with others who were braze, or stupid, enough to stay to fight off this creature. I grabbed a rifle that someone dropped while running and started to attempt to take shots at supposably weaker spots of this being. The creature stopped its beam and went back underwater.

There were shouts of officers who were there, telling everyone to either leave the city as fast as possible, or stay to make sure the city was completely empty of people., shouting at everyone to either leave as soon as once or stay behind to help any remaining citizens. Most ran, but I stayed with the small group to sweep through the area. Thankfully there were only a few children who got separated from their parents during the chaos.

After that, since my apartment was in shambles, I went to a city not terribly far from the incident to get a hotel for the night. After I got my key, I went to my room to clean myself up. After I cleaned myself, I turned on the TV and put on the news. The only thing on the news was the attack. It was talking about the destruction toll and such, nothing else really. They somehow couldn't even get clips of the fight.

What I found strange was that no-one was suspicious of the American group there. I tried looking them up, but they wouldn't show up on any of my browsers. Strange. Maybe they were something the government didn't like, but the local officials let them come. I guess I'll never know. I then laid on the bed, and almost immediately passed out. Today was exhausting.

Chapter 4