Chapter 8

It's been a few days since I've left the laboratory. I did receive a few sets of clothes from a nice elderly lady that wanted to get rid of them. They weren't terrible thankfully, and were rather n nice. I got myself a hotel room. I haven't left my room other than to eat since I received it. I'm fearful to leave, since the American organization might as well be right outside, waiting for me.

Which reminds me, where am I? I just realized that I have not recognized anywhere I've been since I've entered the city. And it's not the typical Japanese design. I decided to leave my room to find the city map in the hotel lobby. After I reached the bottom of the stairs I found the map of the city. Apparently, I was relocated from Kyoto, Japan to Newark, New Jersey! Dang.

I went back to my room, and fell onto the bed. God even hotels that might be low budget have better beds than that place. I almost fell asleep when I heard a knock on the door. ' Uhm, who is it? ' I said. ' There was a letter addressed to you in the mailbox. ' said a woman on the other side of the door. ' Would you like me to come in or slip it under the door? ' ' Just slip it under the door. ' I said. I heard the envelope slide between the door and the floor, and footsteps walking away.

A few minutes later I got up and went to grab it. I examined it. It was from New York City, however whoever sent it didn't put any of that information on the envelope, it just read a bold underlined important. I opened the letter, and what it read shocked me. Apparently New York City had been attacked by a Ghidorah-like creature, and was in shambles. There were barely any survivors, and the government is paying people to keep this as much of a secret as possible.

Then I remembered what the people at the lab said. Looks like this strange Ghidorah-like creature had made it to Earth. The letter was also requesting that I came along with this crew? I thought about it for a bit. If I were to go, what would this ' crew ' be? By all means it could be that crazy organization. In the end, I decided to go, but I would stay separate from that crew.

I started packing my things, which were just some hygiene products and clothes within a backpack. I checked out of the hotel, and carefully left it. I kept myself aware of my surroundings, just in case the lab people were outside like how I speculated. I caught a bus and was on my way.