Chapter 6: You Owe Me

Wyatt
After English, I walk to my locker and see Ryan walking towards me with Stacy hot on his heels.

No matter what I say that girl will not leave me alone. I tell her, "Let's just be friends" or "I don't see you that way," but nothing works.

"Hey, Wyatt."

"Hey, Stacy," I say.

I'm opening my locker as she asks,
"I was thinking maybe we could go watch a movie sometime or get something to eat."

Wow, she's flat-out asking me out now.
"I'm sorry I can't." I'm trying to be nice, but she can't get the hint.

"You know Wyatt you're the football captain, I'm the head cheerleader we're supposed to date, people expect it."

She sticks and hand on her hip. "Have you ever watched a high school movie?" 

I feel my hand clench my locker. Good lord, she is desperate.

I take a deep breath to keep saying something that will put me in the asshole category.

Then there she is the answer to my problem.

Katie.

When I see her some of my anger dissipates.

I do something stupid when she walks by.

To be fair I didn't think what I'm about to do through.

I grab her by the waist and pull her next to me. "Wyatt, what are-?"

I pull her in for a hug interrupting her and whisper in her ear, "Just go with it, you owe me."

I know, I know you shouldn't blackmail people, but what else am I supposed to do?

I let her go just a little, still holding her by the waist so she can't run.

"So, you see Stacy, me and Katie are dating that's why I can't go out with you."

Stacy looks us up and down. "Please Wyatt don't tell me you're dating her."

Katie stiffens at my side.

I quickly glance down at her and I can't read her

Trying to keep my cool I say, "Yup, I am."

She shakes her head. "Come on Wyatt, you could do so much better than her. I don't believe it."

That comment did it for me I wasn't going to take any more from her.

I start to walk away but Katie says, "Yeah, we've been dating for a few weeks now, I told Wyatt not to say anything because I knew you had feelings for him. I didn't want you to be embarrassed."

Katie grips my arm. "I guess someone couldn't keep it a secret anymore."

Damn, Stacy just got roasted.

Katie looks up at me and makes a disappointed face, but her eyes say, "You made your bed so now you got to lay in it."

Gosh, she has some beautiful eyes.

Stacy scoffs and crosses her arms across her chest. Trying not to lose face in front of her 'followers'

"Well, I don't believe it, because Katie has never dated anyone."

I find that very hard to believe.

Katie has beautiful eyes and wildly wavy, light brown hair that reaches her mid-back.

She's the perfect height. If I wanted to I could place my chin in the top of her head.

I would never date her but she's no bad to look at.

I look down at Katie who looks like she would love to cut Stacy's head off.

"It took a lot of convincing, I guess can be very charming," I say as sweetly as I can.

So, this is where things get weird. Something must have been going on between Katie and Stacy that I didn't see.

After I said that Katie grabs the front of my shirt and plants a kiss right on my lips.

It surprises me so much that I have to stifle a gasp and slam my eyes shut.

It feels like a lightning bolt strikes through my stomach.

She tries to pull away way too soon. I wrap my hands around her waist trying to pull her closer to me.

Why you ask? I have no idea.

I tell myself I did it to make it more convincing.

Katie moves closer but not close enough.

I've kissed a few people in my life, but none of them were like Katie.

Someone clears their throat very loudly and it brings me back to my senses.

I don't know this girl, what am I doing?

I pull away from her and she looks up at me with those beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry to interrupt y'all, but I need to talk to Wyatt alone."

Katie grabs my arm and pulls me through the hall.

I can already see the nail marks on my arm from her squeezing it.

"Katie slow down!" I yell. She stops then opens a door and pulls me into a supply closet that I didn't know was there.

She closes the door and turns around.

Oh crap. There's that look again but something tells me It's going to be worse than the last time.

😏😏

So... Thoughts?