Chapter 24: I kissed a girl

Wyatt
Katie stops the truck in front of a small building that I assume is Sam's Hotdog Stand.

I glance over at Katie catching her fixing her hair in the rearview mirror.

She is wearing a T-shirt that's cut into a tank top and a ball cap that has 'nope' written across the front.

Country girls have never been my type, but seeing Katie today I stopped breathing. She looked hot!

I never thought I would ever think this, but watching her today, damn.

"Alright Just Wyatt, you ready?" I nod my head.

I follow Katie inside with Logan at my heels. (Logan is Katie's dog.) I guess they allow dogs in here.

When I open the door a bell rings, and a middle-aged man pops up from behind the bar.

I look around the restaurant, there is a bar in the middle, and around it there are tables, and along the back wall are four booths.

"Katie!" The middle-aged man yells.

"Hey, Sam how are you!"

So he must be Sam.

"Pretty good. Today has been a little slow." Sam tells Katie.

He looks me up and down smiling.

Katie hugs my arm. "Sam, this is my boyfriend Wyatt."

I thought it wasn't possible, but Sam smiles even bigger. "Luckily for you Katie, your favorite booth is open."

Katie smiles and we follow him to our table.

We sit down across from each other.

"Your waiter we'll be with y'all shortly," Sam informs us.

I shake my head laughing and Katie looks at me confused. "Kate, never in my life did I think I would be sharing a table with a dog."

Logan is sitting beside Katie. He looks like a person waiting for their food.

"They only sell hotdogs and pinto beans here."
Katie tells me with a serious look. I nod my head.

I wanted to ask her how she knows Sam but I didn't want to overstep.

Ah, screw it. "How do you know Sam?"

"Me and Izzy come here all the time after the barn. Sam was friends with my mom before she died. He's the reason my dad and my mom started dating."

I look at Katie curious.

"He was best friends with my mom in college and he set her and my dad up on a date. Two years later they got married."  Katie says smiling.

I take my phone out of my pocket. "Kate smile."

Her cheeks blush red, I love it when she blushes. While we wait for our waiter we take turns taking pictures of each other.

After the waiter comes we both order our food.

Katie suddenly looks at me very seriously.
"Just Wyatt, I want to know more about you."

I choke on my water. "What do you want to know exactly?"

Katie makes a duh face. "Stuff like your favorite color, movie, or food."

"You know basic knowledge a girl would know about her boyfriend," Katie adds.

I place my elbows on the table. "How about we take turns asking each other questions."

Katie sets her drink down. "I ask first."
I motion with my hand for her to ask.

"Favorite color?"