Chapter 51: Ugly-ass grandma dress

Katie's dress

Katie
Izzy drags me through three stores before we find my dress.

In the first store, she made me try on ten dresses. By the second store, I wasn't allowed to pick out any dresses to try on.

She said everything I picked 'resembled her grandmother's drapes'.

In the third store, she knew that she wanted me to wear a navy blue dress. But she doesn't know which one.

"Here Katie, I found this on the clearance rack try it on," Izzy yells as she throws a dress over the stall door.

I hold it against my body. It's a deep navy blue with floral lace over it.

I slide it on and zip up the back. I look in the mirror and it looks... dare I say good.

Like wow. And that says a lot because I don't like dresses.

"I think we found the one," I tell Izzy through the door.

"Let me see because you said that about the ugly-ass grandma dress in the other store," Izzy responds.

I roll my eyes even though she can't see me.

I walk out and stand in front of the big mirrors.

"Damn Katie, that looks awesome." Izzy breaths from beside me.

She fluffs my messy waves. "I can curl your hair in loose curls and you can wear that necklace I got you for your birthday."

"I'm going to get it," I tell her.

"Damn right, you are."

Wyatt
"I don't see the difference between this pair of jeans compared to the other ones," I complain to Tyler through the dressing room door.

I'm trying on jeans that Tyler picks out, but to me, they all seem the same.

"Just quit bitching and walk your fine ass out here," Tyler yells.

I throw the door open. "I'm not trying on another pair of jeans. It's either this pair or the other ones I liked."

Tyler tilts his head to the side. "They look better than the other pair you had on. The other ones were way too tight in the crouch area."

I sigh through clenched teeth. "Do you like them or not?"

"Yeah, I like them."

The jeans are dark blue with white stitching down the side.

"Great." I spit out and go back into the dressing room.

We buy the jeans.

"Alright, now we have to find you a navy blue button-up," Tyler tells me as we leave the store.

"Why navy blue?"

"Izzy said so you match with Katie," Tyler tells me without looking up from his phone.

We go into another store and split up to be faster, but I end up getting lost.

Okay, I just need to find the dressing rooms and I'll be fine. I tell myself.

I look around but all I see is rows and rows of boots.

"Hey, Sweetcheeks I found you some shirts to try on," Tyler yells.

I look behind me and see him standing with a pile of shirts.

I snatch them from him. "What's up with you?" Tyler asks.

"Nothing." I snap and slam the door.

I'm starting to understand Katie's annoyance with Tyler. He has no shame.