Chapter:19 Looks like he's praying

Katie
I walk to the bleachers to find Izzy, but I don't see her anywhere. Im about to call her when I finally see her.

I cup my hands around my mouth and yell, "Izzy!"

She sees me and waves. I mouth, "I'm getting a snack." She nods her head.

I walk around the parking lot and try to find the truck that is selling watermelon drinks.

Sometimes the younger siblings of the guys on the football team sell things like drinks and different desserts.

After I buy my watermelon slushie I start walking back to the bleachers.

Suddenly someone yells, "Are you Katie Fleming?"

"Yes?" I say while turning around.

I see a middle-aged woman with black hair and bangs standing behind me.

"Good. That would have been embarrassing if you weren't," She says as she releases a long breath.

I give her a puzzled look.

"Hi honey, I'm Wyatt's mom."

Oh! That's why she looks familiar, they have the same eyes. "Oh, hi," I say and reach out to shake her hand but she pulls me into a hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you," She mumbles into my hair, we're around the same height.

"You to Mrs. Kent."

She looks at the drink in my hand. "I thought about getting one of those, are they any good?" I smile. I have a feeling I'm going to like his mom.

"Um, it's pretty good, but it has seeds in it."

She makes a disgusted face. "Oh, never mind."

I'm about to go find Izzy when I have an idea.
"Mrs. Kent, would you like to sit with me and my friend?"

She waves her hand in the air. "No, no honey, I'm fine you enjoy yourself."

I can tell she's lost and sad. I walk up to
her and take her hand. "Come on, it'll be fun!"

She smiles. "Oh, alright!"

We finally make our way back to Izzy.

Izzy sees Mrs.Kent and widens her eyes.

"Mrs. Kent this is my friend Izzy."

Mrs. Kent sits down beside Izzy and lends over to shake her hand. "You must be Wyatt's mom."

Mrs. Kent smiles. "Yes, I am."

I sit down beside Mrs. Kent so she's sandwiched between me and Izzy.

I see Wyatt looking up at the bleachers and I wave to get his attention. Once he sees me he smiles and waves back.

"Girls, please call me Margret, Mrs.Kent makes me feel old."

Izzy and I giggle. "Okay."

Wyatts talking to one of his teammates, so I take out my phone and take a picture of him.
I send it to him so he knows I can see him.

I hear Margret ask Izzy, "Now which one is your boyfriend?"

Izzy points to Tyler who is sitting on the ground with his eyes shut.

"You see the one sitting on the ground with blond hair?" Margret looks around the field.

Izzy sighs. "He's the one that looks like he's praying."

Margret bursts out in giggles. "Oh okay, I see him! He's the kicker isn't he?"

Izzy smiles like the proud mama she is. "Yes, he is."

Margret puts on a pair of reachers and looks back at Tyler. "Well, Izzy he's hot! Oh, and he's got blond hair and those blue eyes. I always wished Wyatt got blue eyes like his daddy." 

I put my head in my hands and Izzy bends over laughing.

I like Wyatt's hazel eyes, they were always different.

The three of us sit and watch the whole game cheering as loud as we can. Everyone around us is rooting for the opposite team so we had plenty of glares sent our way.

At one point this man turned around and told us to shut up, so Margret and I flipped him off.

What? It was her idea.

At half-time Izzy texts me.

Babe: Margret is officially the best!

Me: Totally!

I'm pretty sure we're louder than the cheerleaders.

This mom (who was definitely a Karen) turned around and told Izzy, that it was unladylike how she was acting.

Izzy told her to pull the stick out of her ass and enjoy the game.

Five minutes later our team scored a touchdown and after Tyler kicked the field goal. Izzy leaned down and told the woman that; that was the boy who is taking her home. The woman got up and left after that.

As the lady was walking away Margret yelled, "Unfortunately there is no manager for you to run off to!" I laughed so hard that I started crying.

Our team won by six points.

When the game was over the three of us made our way over to the locker rooms to wait for the guys to come out.

Tyler is the first one to come out. When he saw Izzy he smiled so big, she ran and jumped right into his arms. I diverted my eyes when they started kissing.

Margret kept looking at her phone shaking her head. "Hopefully he comes out soon, I have to get to work."

"Most of the players already came out so he should be coming soon," I say.

Tyler walks over to me and I give him a side hug.

"Ty, I guess you still got it."

He laughs. "I sure do!"

"Did you see that last kick?"

I pretend to be confused. "What kick, I don't remember seeing it?"

He frowns. "Seriously Kat?"

I smile. "Come on Ty, of course, I saw it. That was one of the longest kicks you've ever done!"

He smiles and hugs me tighter. "Are you getting a ride with Wyatt or are coming with us?"

I look at the ground. "I'll get a ride with Wyatt, y'all go ahead. That way I won't be third wheeling your date."

Izzy frowns. "Katie, you know we don't care."

"Yeah Kat, you're never the third wheel, we go as a group. Just two of us are dating," Tyler adds.

Izzy elbows Tyler in the ribs. "Ow woman, that hurt!"

After every game last year, we would go out to eat together. Every time I felt like intruding on their date.

I smile. "Y'all go ahead, I'll get a ride with Wyatt."

Izzy hugs me and whispers in my ear, "Remember YOU'RE Wyatt's girlfriend so make sure everyone around you knows it."

I sigh. "Izzy, you are horrible." She waves and walks to her car.

"Kat, is your truck at Izzy's?"

"Yeah," I respond

"I'll dive it to your house!" I give Tyler a thumbs up.

He jogs over to Izzy, picks her up, and throws her over his shoulder. I'm pretty sure everyone hears her scream. She waves at me from Tyler's back.

Okay, reachers are what my family calls reading glasses. Just wanted to point that out!

Margaret's character is based on my mom lol.