Chapter 47: Ladies love country boys

Watch the full video to see what two-stepping is!! Even if you do know, I recommend watching the video so you have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Wyatt
"Who are they talking to?" I ask Tyler.

Katie and Izzy are talking to a girl they know and Tyler and I are people watching.

"She rides at their barn. I'm pretty sure she's the one that told Izzy about Mckenzie."

I nod my head.

The song changes about five chords into the song all the girls yell and head to the dance floor.

"Oh boy," Tyler mumbles with his head in his hands.

"What?" I ask confused.

Tyler looks up at me. "You don't know what song this is?"

I shake my head.

"Well, just listen to the words."

My eyes search the crowd of girls on the dance floor. Finally, they land on a certain brunette shaking her hips. I smile and feel a warmth fill my stomach.

Katie turns toward Izzy and I watch them sing the lyrics along with every girl in here.

"She riding in the middle of his pickup truck. Blearing Charlie Daniels yelling turn it up. They raised her up a lady but there's one thing they can't avoid-"

I realize what song they're dancing to. Ladies love country boys by Trace Akins.

I glance at Tyler and he's wearing a bored expression. "Lady's love country boys," Tyler mouths the song.

I lean back against the booth and fold my arms across my chest. It takes everything I have not to run over to Katie and scope her up into my arms and never let go.

It killed me that this is all fake.

Once the song is over Tyler waves Izzy and Katie over.

"Hon, when you dance to that song it offends me a little," Tyler tells Izzy with a small smirk.

Izzy puts her hands on her hips and stares Tyler down. "And why does it?"

"You're basically saying you settled for me but deep down you want a cowboy," Tyler says with a frown.

Izzy laughs and wraps her arms around Tyler's neck. "Honey, you know I love you. Your my cowboy even though you're terrified of horses."

We watch them walk back to the dance floor.

"You can tell me you know," Tyler says breaking the silence.

"What?"

Tyler gives me a look like I should know what he's talking about.

"You can tell me if you have feelings for Kat."

Oh. I feel my face flush.

Tyler chuckles and I groan while laying my head on the table. "Is it that obvious?"

Tyler smirks. "No, but I'm pretty good at reading people."

I glance up at Tyler to see him staring at me. "Do you think Katie knows?" I whisper.

Tyler looks towards the dance floor. "No Katie's pretty oblivious to people's feelings toward her."

My eyes automatically find Katie in the crowd.

"Are you going to tell her?" Tyler questions.

I feel my eyes widen and my hands go clammy.
"Lord no!"