Chapter 29: A pig raised by apes

(Pic above is Katie's hairstyle)

Katie
Wednesday

My dad woke me up this morning at 6:45 to tell me bye before he left for work. I decided to go ahead and get out of bed.

I take a little more time than usual to get ready. I'm wearing a deep red and mossy green cropped sweater with mid-rise bootcut white wash jeans.

I part my hair down the middle and braid two Dutch braids in my hair, I stop adding hair to the braid halfway down my head. I finish the braids and tie them off with rubber bands.

As I'm waiting outside for Wyatt to pick me up. I scroll through Instagram.

I keep seeing pictures of this couple and the same, #ClearwaterHighscool attached to it.

I finally tap on one and it's a picture of me and Wyatt yesterday in school.

It seems everyone from school posted about us.
Some of the captions were, #CutestCoupleEver, #WhyCantIFindAManLikeThat, and #CoupleGoals!

My favorite is one posted by a person called PhotoAnonymous.

Wyatt pulls up in the driveway and I climb into his Jeep.

"Well sweetie, did you know we're trending on Instagram?" I ask sarcastically.

Wyatt grins. "What can I say, the women love me."

I smack his arm. "Great, now I have another reason women are going to be fighting for you."

It takes everything to keep my face neutral once my brain registers what just came out my mouth.

"Are you jealous? Don't be, you know you're the only woman for me, baby." Wyatt says sickeningly sweet.

"Your impossible!" I exclaim and put my head in my hands.

Once we get to school, me and Wyatt walk in hand and hand. I still haven't gotten used to holding hands.

I know shocking.

We both go to our lockers to get our books. "Hey man, what are you doing on this side of school this early?" I hear Wyatt ask.

I shut my locker and see Ryan and his girlfriend Gloria standing beside Wyatt.

"I came to see you of course!" Ryan says and hits Wyatt's shoulder.

"Hey, little Katie. Still with this goon, I see." Ryan says.

"Of course, where else would I be," I say smiling a smile that I hope looks like a girl in love. It's time to pretend.

Ryan and Wyatt start talking. "I'm glad Wyatt has you," Gloria says quietly. I look at her confused.

"I haven't known him as long as Ryan but I can tell you make him happy."

I smile softly. "He makes me happy." That's not a lie.

"You were at the football game last Friday, right?" Gloria asks.

"Yeah, I was."

"Those pictures of y'all that were all over Instagram were adorable." Gloria gushes.

My cheeks heat. "They were weren't they."

I may have shared a few of them and screenshotted a few as well.

Gloria pats my shoulder. "I know the attention you're probably receiving from dating Wyatt might seem like a lot. Trust me, give it time and people will move on to something else to gossip about."