Chapter 34: Put up the middle finger

Katie
I wake up an hour early. I know crazy right?

Today is game day and Izzy blackmailed me into looking nice. I took a shower and washed my hair. (Which I never do before school.)

I put a little bit of curling product in my hair and attach the diffuser attachment to my hairdryer.

Ten minutes and a sore arm later, my hair turned out extra wavy with tons of volume.

Afterward, I pick out my outfit.

I'm wearing mid-rise shorts and my school's team tank top.

This tank top has a funny backstory. Freshman year Izzy and I were so excited to go to our first football game we both bought matching team shirts.

On the back of Izzy's she embroidered 'Lochner'. She was one lovesick puppy.

My tank is gray with the school's mascot on the front (the mascot is a shark wearing sunglasses.)

You're probably wondering why I'm not wearing Wyatt's jersey. I'm waiting till the game to wear it.

So I don't get dressed coded I put on Wyatt's school jacket. (No not his letterman jacket.)

It was a windbreaker with his name and number on the back and It smelt just like him.

I may have stolen it from his car last night.

I take the front pieces of my hair and braid them back tying them with blue and gray ribbons.

Lastly, I put on some blue eyeliner and lipgloss.

I look in my floor-length mirror, and for once I'm not disappointed in the reflection staring back at me.

I get to school a few minutes early.

I'm walking towards my locker when I hear a high picked shriek.

"Katie, you look so good!" Izzy screams.

I turn around and see Izzy.

She is wearing one of Tyler's jerseys with a white golfing skirt. Her long black curls are tied up into space buns with blue and gray pipe cleaners sticking out. A few ribbons are hanging down too.

Her makeup is just as bold.

"Iz, you're the definition of school spirit," I say laughing.

Izzy walks over and shushes me. She fluffs some of my curls and smiles.

"I'm shocked you picked this outfit out on your own."

I gasp. "How dare you say that young lady."

Izzy giggles and I shut my locker.

"Blackmail really does work," Izzy says, still giggling.

"Damn woman!" Tyler exclaims while he hugs Izzy from behind.

Turning to give them privacy I see Wyatt leaning against his locker, staring at me.

I watch his eyes run down my body. A shiver runs down my spine.

After admitting my crush out loud last night; I've been super nervous to see Wyatt.

I try to act normal and walk up to him smirking.

"Like what you see?"

Wyatt's eyes flick back up to mine and he smiles flirtatiously. "You look amazing and my jacket looks way better on you."

Nothing I say can embarrass this man.

Wyatt reaches to pull me in for a hug.

"Thanks for dressing up, Kate."