Gunshots

MIA

I gasp loudly upon seeing the familiar face. This causes him to look in my direction. He catches my stare and starts walking towards me in long and quick strides. I freeze. My breathing becomes shaky, and my eyes widen in shock and fear. He is now standing right in front of me, just a few inches away. Due to the close proximity, I consciously take a step back. I look everywhere but him; I find my friends and others looking at me, clearly confused. The school was over for the day, and we were heading home. 

He closes the gap between us by wrapping his giant arm around my waist and pulling me closer. This sudden action causes me to panic but he seems unbothered by it as he brings his free hand up to my face and caresses my cheek. He grabs my chin and tilts it up, forcing me to look up. I shut my eyes tight, avoiding looking into his eyes. "Open your eyes, Mia. Look at me." I hear a demanding tone in his gruff voice, and automatically my eyelids unveil my eyes. 

My eyes meet his black orbs which have softened, and I see a small smile forming on his lips. "Mia," he whispers. That's it. I can't control my tears anymore. I break down then and there. "Hey, don't cry." He mumbles and wipes my tears with his thumb.  "Leave her, asshole." Vincent barks at him and tries pushing him away. "GET. THE. HELL. OUT. OF. MY. FACE." He seethes out, venom lacing his every word. "Not without her," Vincent retorts. "Fuck off." He growls and walks away while dragging me with him. I'm just hoping that this is a stupid dream and that I will wake up any minute now. Why on earth is this happening? I feel so impossibly crushed inside; as if the broken pieces have been ground into dust. I can feel my whole body going weak, and I would've crumbled upon the floor if he weren't holding me.

He walks us out of the school building and stops in front of a black car. A Mercedes. He opens the door and orders me to get in. That's when I come back to my senses. "No." I pull away. I'm still crying but I manage to make out the surroundings. We are surrounded by huge, bulky men in black suits. They appear closest to bodyguards. Then my eyes fall on him. He's wearing a suit as well. A dark grey suit. And my goodness, it looks like he has gotten taller,6'2" something, and one can clearly make out his muscles bulging through the fabric of his expensive clothes. His face too has gotten much more mature and manly. He has changed so much in the past 3 years. My thoughts are interrupted when one of the bodyguards (I'm guessing that's what they are) speaks something into his ear and he nods. "We need to leave. Now. Come," he speaks up and grabs my elbow, rushing me into the car. "What? No!" I fight back. He sighs before speaking. 

"Look, your life is in danger, and I am taking you with me whether you like it or not. I've already talked to your parents." He says in a really serious tone, trying to keep his cool. So, he still has anger issues.

"Shut up. My parents would never talk to you." I snap

He quirks up an eyebrow. "Well, for your information, they did. I have their permission. And if you want to confirm then I can take you to your place right now and we can have this conversation in your presence. Is that okay?" He looks really annoyed now.

"How do I know that you're taking me to my house and not elsewhere? I can't trust you...I mean you could be kidnapping me." I blurt out. Upon hearing this he looks hurt.

"You don't...trust me?" He whispers, sorrow evident in his voice.

"I didn't mean it like-" he cuts me off " Save it. I don't blame you. But you are coming with me. I can't lose you. I won't. And I am taking you to your house right now. You have my word." I wanted to make it clear, but he didn't let me. Left with no other choice, I quietly get inside the car and place my bag on my lap. He sits close beside me and gives the driver instructions. I ease a little when I see my house address popping on the satnav. There is a man in the passenger seat. He's quiet. From the corner of my eye, I catch him staring at me. I look down at his hand which is dangerously close to my thigh. I glance at him and our eyes lock. I find desperation swimming in his black orbs. 

"Boss!" the guy sitting in the passenger seat shouts. My head snaps in his direction. 

"What's wrong, David?" He groans.

"They're following us." David seethes out. He turns his head back and curses. Quickly, he runs a hand inside his jacket and pulls out.......a gun! My eyes widen in shock. He notices my reaction and curses. Then, I hear it. Gunshots. Loud and clear.

________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT

THANK YOU