"We're Not a Couple"

KIAN

David comes running my way as he shouts "We need to leave! Now!"

"What now?" I roar. Mia must've heard that as she comes out frantically to check what's wrong. 

"It's nothing, dear. Don't worry." I assure her with a smile.

David speaks up, "They're in this area and it looks like they're searching. I've called for backup. We have to get Mia out of here." Shit. I need to get Mia out of here. I go up to her and tell her "We need to leave. Now. Don't worry about your stuff. Just come with me." She nods. I grab her hand, but in a flash, she pulls it away. Stubborn brat. She bids quick goodbyes to her parents and tell them to take care of Nick. Her little brother. Where is he, by the way? Whatever. We don't have time for this. 

"Okay, let's go now." I say hurriedly.

"Kian, thank you." Mrs. Blair says with moist eyes. 

"Thank you for having faith in me, Mrs. Blair." With that said, we leave.

Mia quietly gets inside the car and sits at the far end, as distant from me as possible. I would be lying if I said that I'm okay with it, but I choose to give her some space. She didn't even get to bring any stuff with her. Although, I'll be more than willing to buy everything she wants.

I want to talk to her so bad, get closer, hold her, and what not. I'm craving for her.

"How have you been, Mia?" I ask, desperate to hear her enrapturing voice.

"Fine." She replies, void of any emotions, while looking out of the window. I grind my teeth. Am I nothing to her? 

"Just fine? Come on, it's been almost 3 years. You even changed your school. How about you tell me about your new school?" I try once again. 

"It's none of your business." She replies coldly. So fucking arrogant. I'm trying my best here to be nice and co-operative to her, but she won't reciprocate. I'm losing my patience with her, every passing second. I would love to break those high walls of her ego.

Suddenly, her demeanor changes as she looks at me with frantic eyes. Those brown orbs showcase fear and vulnerability. I look out of the window to see what caused her to behave like this. Black SUVs. They are my men. David had called them for backup. 

"Relax. They're my men. They pose no harm." I tell her. She nods and continues looking out of the window. 

She has absolutely no clue what is going on, yet she's believing everything I tell her, although I'm telling her the truth. But it's the truth coming from a person who betrayed her in the past, who broke her heart. And I'm just keeping her in the dark and rushing into things.

"So, Mia? Hey, I'm David." David tilts her head back towards Mia.

"Yeah, I know," Mia replies nonchalantly.

"Observant and straightforward, I see. Cool." David states, slightly impressed.

"I apologize if I sound rude, but it'll take time for me to get comfortable around you." She defends herself.

"Right," David says while glancing at me with a smirk. "I like you already." He declares while stretching out his hand. She shakes it lightly with a small smile. That smile. And then David earns a glare from me for the maneuver he just pulled. He rolls his eyes and leans back in his seat.

"Where exactly are you taking me?" Mia asks me.

"To my house," I reply.

"Your house?" She parrots.

"Yeah, my penthouse. I live there alone, but not anymore since you're moving in with me." I add a smile at the last part.

"Temporarily." She points. She just cannot let things go.

"Until your life is not at risk." I declare, losing my patience.

She rolls her eyes and says "My life is always gonna be at risk. But anyways, how far is it?" 

I can't describe how glad I am that she's talking to me, even if it's just stupid bickering so far, instead of the silent treatment. It's progress, I guess.

"We'll be there in less than 10 minutes, sweetheart." I smile at her.

"Can you not do that?" She grimaces.

"Not do what?"

"The endearments." She groans. I chuckle.

"Why, you don't like it, baby?" I smirk.

"Ugh! Stop! We're not....." she groans but then pauses as though realizing something, ".....a couple." She finishes the sentence in a mere whisper. Her eyes look sad and lost. 'We're not a couple'. Those words pierced right through my heart. I deserve that. Yes, we're not a couple, but we will be. I will make her mine, again. And this time I won't ever let her go. That's my secretive sole purpose.

__________________________________________________________________

PLEASE DO TELL ME HOW YOU'RE LIKING IT, SO FAR.

THANK YOU. XOXO💜💜^_^