Jealousy, Jealousy

MIA

Tossing and turning in bed, like I have been doing for the past few hours, is absolutely useless. This always happens to me on the night before show day. I am unable to sleep throughout the night. I peek out of the blanket, seeing that it's still dark outside, I groan. I check the time. 4:00 a.m. in the morning. This means I got to sleep for barely 5 hours. 

Crawling out of bed, I make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. To get a glass of hot water, I stride down the kitchen. Obviously, Kian is asleep in his room right now. I will just have to wait for him to wake up. I nestle on the couch, gulping down my water. 

To kill this early morning boredom, I start doing my stretch routine. Halfway through my stretch routine, I hear Kian screaming my name. 

"Kian? I'm down here." I call out to him and rush to the staircase to see what was wrong.

I stand at the bottom of the stairs while he comes running and stands at the top stair.

His face holds a vulnerable expression, his hair disheveled, eyes red and shirtless he looks kinda cute like this. I just want to hold him. I run up to him and he runs down to me. We catch each other midway and stare at each other for a long moment. I caress his face. He engulfs me in his arms, picks me up, and carries me to the couch. There, he lays us both down without letting his hold on me loosen.

"I got scared when I didn't find you in your room. I thought someone took you away from me." He murmurs into my neck.

"Nobody's taking me away from you," I whisper, "I couldn't sleep so I came down here."

He raises his head and frowns at me.

"It always happens before every show. I'm not able to sleep well the night before." I tell him.

"You should've come to me if you couldn't sleep. I would've held you, and even sung you a lullaby, if required." He speaks in his husky morning voice.

"You? Singing?" I raise my eyebrows. 

"Well, I'm not actually a singer, but I can be whatever you want me to be." He gives me his cheeky smirk while I roll my eyes.

"Why are YOU awake so soon anyway?" I ask.

"Did you forget? I work out early morning. I told you."

"Yeah, but you said you only work out 5 days a week which is from Monday to Friday. It's Saturday today."

He sits up, settling me on his lap, with one hand around my waist and the other on my ass.

"Well, I missed one day. When you were having nightmares..." He speaks softly. I nod.

I give him a peck on his lips and get off his lap. As soon as I stand up, he grabs my hand, stopping me. I frown at him. He pulls me back down on the couch, laying me down, and once again lays on top of me. 

"Guess I'm skipping today too." He sighs.

I chuckle and wrap my arms around him.

After a few minutes, we walk up to his room and cuddle in his bed.

.

.

.

.

My eyes flutter open and I find myself in a cold and empty bed. I pull the duvet over me and look around for Kian. I check the time on Kian's watch that was lying on the bedside table. It was 10 a.m. I have to be at school at 3:00 p.m. The show starts at 6:00 p.m.

I make my way to my room and brush my teeth once more before heading downstairs. I find Kian and David on the couch, working. Kian smiles at me and beckons me to come to him. I sit close beside him. 

"Hey, cupcake." David smiles at me. This past week, David and I have gotten somewhat close, surprisingly. We have spent a decent amount of time together, much more than what Kian and I spent together. 

"Hey," I reply.

"What did you just call her?" Kian raises his voice at David. Jealousy radiates in Kian's aura. David doesn't look scared, but bows his head down and apologizes before leaving. We glance at each other for a fraction of a second before he was out of sight.

"You didn't have to do that," I whisper to Kian who still looked mad.

"He has to know his place." He replies in a sharp tone, making me flinch minorly, but he noticed.

"I'm sorry," he says, "You must be hungry. Lemme get you something." I nod.

He leaves and comes back with a plate full of pancakes.

"That's too much." My eyes widen.

"Don't worry, I'll help you." He chuckles.

We both eat while watching TV. 

Once finished, I put the plate aside and turn to Kian. "You shouldn't be so rude to people."

"Am I rude to you?" He raises his brows knowingly.

I shake my head slowly.

"Then you shouldn't worry your little head about how I behave with others." He states while I roll my eyes.

"But I don't like it when you are like that. You should try to be nicer. David is a good person. And he is your friend."

"Do you like David?" He snaps.

"He is a good person. Yes, I do like him." I reply.

"But you don't like him the way you like me. You love ME. Not him." Kian inches his face closer to my face with his eyes darkened as if he would prance upon me any second. He notices my head dropping and my breathing becoming uneven in fright. He pulls back slightly and sighs.

"Baby, David has to know his place. He knows you're mine. He doesn't get to call you nicknames." Kian speaks softly.

"You're not my boyfriend though," I mumble, loud enough for him to hear.

His nostrils flare and his eyes glow with rage, but he composes himself, before flashing me a dangerous smile.

"That's right, baby. I'm your future husband. Your other half. Your soulmate. Father of your children. Your everything." He growls in a low voice, the same darkness returning to his pupils.

I sink into my seat. "Kian, you're scaring me." 

"Don't be scared, my sunflower. I'm just telling you the truth. You have to know you're mine and I'm yours." He slides a finger down my face. 

I push him off me and run up to my room. Kian looked so scary like that. I'm confused why he did that. He does act authoritative in front of others, but what he did just now did scare me. He was acting like a psychopath.

I'm startled by a knock on my door. I open the door slowly and meekly, knowing it's Kian. He stands at the threshold, in all his glory, before picking me up and carrying me to my bed. He settles on the bed with me on his lap. 

"I'm sorry, my sunflower. I'll apologize to David." He whispers. Thank goodness, he's back to normal!

I inch closer to him and wrap my arms around his torso.

"You don't have to be jealous of anyone, Kian. Only you matter to me." I gently caress his hair. He smiles.

"Kiss meeee." He groans, making me laugh. 

I kiss his lips for a long minute before we detach and cuddle some more on the bed.

"I have to be at school at 3:00," I tell him once more.

"Hmm, I know."

"Are you excited to see me perform?" I ask.

"Hell yeah, baby! I can't wait to see you in a princess dress!" His eyes light up.

I bite my lip at how cute he looks and then kiss his cheek.

_____________________________________________________