One Last Glance

KIAN

My gaze follows her until she's out of side. Then I get out of the car; I need to have a chat with the Principal. I stride towards his office with David following my suit. It's Saturday but I had called him to discuss some things regarding security. 

I get into his office, and he immediately shoots up from his large swivel chair. A reluctant greeting comes from him. 

"Let's get this started, shall we?" I state before taking a seat: David takes a seat as well. 

"Yes. Would you like coffee or tea, perhaps?" Principal Davenport asks. 

"Not required. You know why we're here." I reply. He just nods meekly.

David starts explaining, "We'll be placing our men all around the school property. A few guards will be placed inside the school as well. Some will be as staff members and others will be students. They won't be very suspicious. It's your job to make sure that they have no difficulty in doing their job. There mustn't be any disturbance from your side, that includes the students as well as the students at this school. Just let them do their work." David takes out the brown folder and hand it to the Principal. 

"This is the list and descriptions of our men that will be placed here. They'll be here Monday onwards." David explains as the Principal slowly flips the pages.

"Nobody must know about this. Not even a single person. If I get to know that there has been trouble from your side, then you know that I'm a ruthless man." I state. "And act normally around Mia. She shouldn't be able to suspect anything. I won't tolerate your students and teachers teasing Mia about the special treatment. So just act normal. Or you're dead." I seethe out.

The fear is evident on his face as he gulps rather loudly before saying " Yes, Mr. Nikitin. I won't disappoint you."

"Good." I nod at David who nods in return and takes out the briefcase. Of course, the fucker won't do it for free.

"Like we agreed, this is half the amount. You'll get the other half by next month." I slide the briefcase towards him. He greedily opens it and rakes his eyes up and down the money inside, while I watch him with disgust. I clear my throat which causes him to snap his attention back at me. 

"Sorry." He mutters. "Your men will be carrying weapons in the school. Would it be safe for the other children?" Oh, so he cares about the children too and not just the money.

"Yes, it will be safe. You don't have to worry about it. They're trained professionals." I declare.

"I apologize, but your men look rather burly. Don't you think the students and teachers will be suspicious of them?"

"That's your problem, not mine. What am I paying you for." With that said, I get up to leave.

"We'll be leaving now. Don't you dare mess this up." I glare at him before exiting his office. David and I walk towards the exit of the building when I see something to halt my footsteps. The theatre signboard in front of me. 

"What's wrong?" David whips his head, frowning. 

"Nothing. You go, I'll be there in a few minutes." David nods and we part ways. I take hesitant steps towards the theatre, in hopes that I'd get to see Mia. As soon as I open the door, my ears are greeted with music and a voice so captivating and strong that it can make every head in the room turn towards it. And it's none other than Mia's, of course. My eyes scan through the dark theatre and fall on the bright stage where Mia is standing. From where I'm standing, she looks tinier than she really is but mesmerizing, nonetheless. Quietly, I take a seat and enjoy the show in front of me, not that they're actually performing; it seems like they are running vocal rehearsal. I start paying attention to Mia only and then I notice what she's singing. I know that song. It's 'Let It Go'. Mia made me watch the movie with her and she really liked this song. What confuses me is that this is Elsa's song and Mia told me that she's playing Anna. In my knowledge, Anna is Elsa's sister. I'm quite sure about it, but then again, I can be wrong.

I just keep looking at her following her every movement, as she sings like a queen. When she finishes the song, I wanted nothing more than to cheer for her, but I controlled myself. With one last glance, I swiftly exit the room before anyone could notice me.

_________________________________________________

WOW, I'M WRITING AFTER SO LONG....

IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK