"Don't be late!"

KIAN

For the past three hours, Mia has been rushing up and down the house, searching for stuff, looking at stuff, throwing stuff around, and basically creating a mess everywhere.

"Kiiiiiaaannn? Have you seen my blue makeup bag?" Mia yells from the kitchen while I am seated on the couch doing some work. She has been asking me and everyone else in the house whether they have seen her stuff. 

I hear her quick footsteps as she runs from the kitchen to the living room and comes behind me, lowering her head and saying, "I can't find my blue makeup bag." I crane my neck to see her pouty face. 

"How are you supposed to find your makeup bag in the kitchen, Mia? It must be in your vanity." I speak softly.

"I've looked everywhere in my room and it's not there, so I was asking Dana if she had seen it but she says that she doesn't remember." She elaborates while slumping down beside me.

"Is there something important in that bag?" I ask.

"No, it's empty." She sighs. I narrow my eyes at her response.

"Wait. So why are you even looking for it if there's nothing inside it?" I scoff.

"Well, I need to put some of my makeup stuff for the show in that since it's the perfect size for that. Seriously, Kian, you're so dumb!" She rolls her eyes.

"Okay, okay, fine, princess. You win." I sigh in defeat. Just the next second, Dana comes screaming to the living room.

"Mia, I know where it is!" Dana exclaims.

"Really? Oh, thank god! Where is it?" Mia jumps from her seat.

"I kept it in Kian's closet, by mistake. That little baby blue pouch, right?" 

"Yes! That's the one!" 

"Wait, I'll bring it." Dana strides upstairs.

I wrap my arms around Mia and she rests her head on my chest. 

"I can't believe it's happening." She whispers, shutting her eyes.

"What?" 

"My last show. Tonight." She opens her eyes when she hears Dana's fast-approaching footsteps. She gets up, collects her blue pouch from Dana, and walks back to her room. Something is off about Mia. She seems upset. Maybe it's my fault, because I don't let her out of this penthouse besides school, I'm keeping her away from her family and I haven't been able to spend more time with her. It is my fault. But I'm doing this to protect her. 

She'll see her family today though, and she'll also be going out tonight. Maybe that would cheer her up. I need to do something for her that makes her happy, otherwise, I won't be able to win her back. 

.

.

.

I'm driving Mia to school since she needs to be there early. She is awfully silent, not even looking at me. Her eyes are trained out of the window. I rest my hand on top of hers. This gesture finally makes her look my way, but a very brief look before she turns her head away again. 

"Are you nervous?" I break the silence.

"No." She shakes her head.

I pull over in front of the school. Before she could move to get out, I held her hands stopping her movements. She frowns at me. 

"What's bothering you? Tell me, baby." I plead.

"Nothing really." She brushes it off. But I know something's wrong.

She turns to leave but stops and looks back at me. I smile at her.

"Umm when you come to the show, could you please not be too close to me? I mean, just don't let people get the wrong idea that we're a thing." 

My heart shatters at that. Why would she want that? It feels like I've been betrayed. I gulp my emotions down, putting up a smile before her. I nod at her demand. I'm still confused as to why she would ask for something like that.

She gives me a faint smile before leaning forward to kiss my cheek, taking me by surprise. 

"Don't be late!" She hops out of the car and walks away, leaving me in a bewildered state. 

I watch her while my brain goes crazy thinking about what game she's playing.

___________________________________________________