Backstory

You might find this chapter a little boring but it's important.

MIA

I put a hand over my mouth as I shake my head in complete disbelief. I refuse to believe what he just told me. 

"You're lying." I speak with my hand still covering my mouth. 

He gently removes my hand from my mouth and takes it in his as he says, "I'm not, sweetheart."

"How?" I whisper. "I want to know everything." I say a little louder.

He sighs. "It all started when I was 16. I got into a fight with some street goons. They beat me up badly since I was young, but I tried my best. Suddenly, they ran away. I was confused but then someone came from behind and helped me get up. He was the Capo. He offered me to join the mafia, but I refused. Next day, I found him at my home talking with my parents. He blackmailed my parents into forcing me to join the mafia. I had no other option but to comply. He was very powerful, and capable of doing anything. My training began and it was so fucking arduous. I had to attend school and then go for long hours of training. The first few months weren't that difficult though. They'd just train me on self-defense skills, martial arts and strengthening my core, since I was a bit skinny back then. A year later, I met you, in the midst of it all." He pauses to gaze at me, while I blush. I don't usually blush that much, but I'm grateful to my tanned skin in moments like these. And I love my tanned skin, anyways. 

"You were 14 back then. So young. So lively. So beautiful. And you'll always be. The most beautiful girl in the world." He speaks softly, without breaking his gaze from my face. "You charmed me, Mia. As soon as I laid eyes on you, I wanted to make you mine."

"Okay, stop." I interrupt him. "I'm well aware of what happened after that. Can we just skip this part and focus on the Mafia only?" I utter. My heart is pounding in my chest. He looks a little disappointed as he says, "As you wish, princess." 

"So," he continues, "I was trained to shoot precisely, to win every fight, and due to my aggressive nature, I was able to win almost every fight." His aggressive nature. I remember it all too well, the way he was at school. I thought he was struggling with teenage emotions but looks like he's still the same. Some things never change. "I was also trained to operate all sorts of weapons and high techs. After almost a year and half of training, I was sent on my first mission when I was 18. It was successful and ever since then, I became unstoppable. Soon, I became the capo's right-hand man, which was quite impressive for someone so young in the mafia. The other men who were older than me used to envy me so much." He smirks while I roll my eyes. "The capo wanted to step down and pass on the title to the next heir, his son. But we found out that his son turned out to be a traitor, and a traitor has only one ultimate punishment. Death. The capo couldn't kill his own blood, so he ordered me to do the job. I killed his son without blinking. When I returned, I was declared the new Capo." He exhales, as though some burden has been lifted off his shoulders. 

"Now you know." He says with a small smile. I don't know how to react to what he just told me. There is no doubt that what he said was not true. A truth I'm not ready to accept.

"It was all happening when we were together." My voice comes out weak. "Why didn't you tell me anything at that time? I used to think everything was just so perfect."

"What would have I said to you? 'Hey babe, I'm in the mafia. Don't hate me because I do bad things.' You were even younger back then. Just like a baby. You would've left me that instant if I told you. And not only that, but I could've also put your life at risk by telling you about the mafia." He huffs. 

"A baby? Seriously? I was 14. And for the record, you were the one who left me." I spit out and stand up, wanting to get away from him but I don't know where to go in this house. So I just walk closer to the window, turning my back on him. 

"You think leaving you was easy for me." His sad voice comes from right behind me. His breath fans my neck, sending shivers all through my body. He turns me around and rests his hands on my shoulders. I look up at his face. Now we're eye to eye. His face contorts into a painful expression as he speaks out his next words.

"When I broke your heart, I broke mine too." 

________________________________________________________

DO VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT. 💜💜