New Years

It was new years eve and yours and Hailees family were coming over. You were very excited. Hailee went out to buy a couple drinks before all the shops closed whilst you cleaned up a bit and got everything ready.

You put the food out on the table and got out the cups. You pulled out the fireworks from the cubard and placed them by the back door.

Hailee got back and layed out the drinks and ordered pizza as your families started arriving.

It was half 11pm and so you started setting up the fireworks.

"hey" Hailee said hugging you from behind.

"hi"

"you want me to help so it's quicker? You seem cold"

"no I'm fine don't worry I'm almost done" you reassured her. She said OK before going back inside.

It was almost time and so everyone gathered round.

"3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone said.

You stared tearing up because one of the best years you've had was gone and hopefully another would be waiting.

Hailee pulled you closer to her.

"Happy New year, baby" she whispered.

"Happy New year"

You all went outside for the fireworks.

"on the count of three everyone shout Happy New year again" you said

"3, 2, 1" you said lighting the fireworks.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR'S" everyone shouted as the fireworks lit up the sky.